BMW NineT Forum banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I bought some used ABM multiclips clip-on handlebars. My question is, since they were pre-drilled by the previous owner, will I be forever subjected to the already drilled handlebar configuration or will I still be able to adjust these to my hearts content?
I'm out of town for the weekend and can't play with them but I'm dying to know! Thanks!

-K

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone considered installing the clip ons from a Triumph Thruxton R?
I have tried to find out who produces them but couldn't find them elsewhere
I found out that the forklegs of the Thruxton R have a diameter of 55MM as well.
I contacted a local Triumph dealer and he told me he could sell me a complete set of clip ons for the hefty sum of €405,-
But I think they look gorgeous and look quite comfortable. They don't let you lean as much forward as any other clip on.
I'm interested in your opinions
Did you pull this off?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
So the holes are just to locate the controls, and doesn't affect their angular orientation on the handle?
Correct. If you are using the stock controls the holes should align with them you can rotate the handles as needed. This, of course, will slightly affect the angle of the controls but into in a noticeable way.

The biggest difference will be in the adjustment of the clipons as you change the wrist angle and height. Just make sure you check at full lock that you have tank clearance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just fitted ABM clip ons and am chuffed

I just fitted ABM 70mm clip ons and LSL rearsets to my 2016 Sport.

What a difference!

It looks a hundred times better, but more importantly, it's MUCH better to ride.

I found the stock bars OK at first, but got to dislike them. I tried 20mm risers, but that was wrong. I tried lower Rizoma bars which were much better... so I decided to go all out with the clip ons and rear sets, and am dead chuffed!

For reference, I'm 6 foot tall and 49 years old (not some lithe nubile whipper snapper).

So, for those considering this set up, I'd highly recommend it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I completely agree. I enjoy my 9T so much more since installing the ABM touring clip ons. At the full 70mm height, the ergos are very reasonable and at 6' myself, I'm actually more comfortable than I was with the stock bars, which were far too high and close.

Plus the bike handles far better with the rider's weight moved lower and closer to the front wheel.

Very pleased.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Those look great. I like that they don't have so many joints and fasteners to potentially loosen like the ABMs. The reach looks a little long though, being that the bars are in front of the forks. How does it feel when riding?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like them! The reach is okay too. The only problem is the pegs I don't like the position. I will be replacing them with Sato Set (Winter project).
Bike looks better to me in my opinion. The front end is lighter with motoscope and clip-ons . I like this look.
Woodcraft are much cheaper and come in three piece i.e. no need to remove the triple tree (yoke) :)

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Just want to share with you all some pics with my new clip-ons...
Awesome driving position and better looks!
They look great! I've been meaning to buy the ADMs due to their adjustability and look. The purchase menu is large; what model / size did you order? (I have a '16 nineT.)

Also, is it difficult to see using those bar end mirrors, or you get used to it?

Thanks,
-Ed

·
Registered
218 Posts
Do you have to bend your neck up to look straight ahead with the ADM clip ons?
It depends on your height mate. For example on my Bonneville I have clip ones and the position is perfect for me, I’m 165cm (5’4) and I don’t have to bend my neck to look straight. But some taller friend did have neck pain after half hour riding my bike.... it all depend on your height

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice i bought a similar one from Apex 3" Riser Clip-on Set cause i can't justify paying over $400 for ABM's

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have ABM Touring clip-on set on the way.
Can someone please share the tube insert specs to get the right bar-end mirrors? Mirrors seems to be 7/8 or 1 inch...

261 - 276 of 276 Posts