BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2019 R NineT Cross wire spokes, Scrambler
73 Posts
Ciao SDC and Hyperbob, I am interested in buying the Unit Garage PD kit and have a question about the split seat.

Is the seat comfortable and sufficient for all-day riding? I’m 170 cm tall, weigh 64 kg, and like to ride 400 km days. Mostly on road.

I would welcome any comments on items you would not have bought that are part of the Unit Garage PD kit, and additional Unit Garage items you recommend. For example is the waxed canvas bag worth the cost?

Thank you men, you have beautiful machines,
Dick Casey
Vashon Island, Washington

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ciao SDC and Hyperbob, I am interested in buying the Unit Garage PD kit and have a question about the split seat.

Is the seat comfortable and sufficient for all-day riding? I’m 170 cm tall, weigh 64 kg, and like to ride 400 km days. Mostly on road.

I would welcome any comments on items you would not have bought that are part of the Unit Garage PD kit, and additional Unit Garage items you recommend. For example is the waxed canvas bag worth the cost?

Thank you men, you have beautiful machines,
Dick Casey
Vashon Island, Washington
Hey, just wanted to follow up, did you end up getting the Paris Dakar kit for your bike? I’m looking at the Ha83, love the history and the overall look. Will probably pair it with a suspension upgrade, want to get a 1250GS level of travel which appears doable with a few mods. How’s the seat? Thanks!

·
Registered
HD Rocker FXCWC; Scrambler due March
321 Posts
@SDC How do you like the windscreen, is that the Fenouil one from UnitGarage?

Would you add the extension or is this high enough?

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@SDC How do you like the windscreen, is that the Fenouil one from UnitGarage?

Would you add the extension or is this high enough?

Thanks
Robert
Yes, this is the Unit Garage Fenouil. It helps in some way, but it generates turbulence, i.e. there’s positives and negatives. When i ride the scrambler with no fairing, i feel more wind pressure, but less turbulence.
Anyway, i absolutely love the bike, specially with this kit, and, of course, with the suspension upgrades .

·
Registered
2021 BMW r nineT Urban GS
47 Posts
Yes, my bike has a Wilbers 642 shock, and Ohlins front cartridges.

View attachment 150274
Thanks for replying,
Did you go for stock height or did you raise it? Looks stock from here....
Only asking because I'm researching my options before dropping the cash to get a suspension upgrade
Thank you

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks for replying,
Did you go for stock height or did you raise it? Looks stock from here....
Only asking because I'm researching my options before dropping the cash to get a suspension upgrade
Thank you
Mine has stock height, but it can be raised a few cm. My friend has the same shock on his Scrambler, and it is raised 2/3 cm.
If you have the chance do the suspension upgrade, it really brings the bike to another level.

·
Registered
2021 BMW r nineT Urban GS
47 Posts
Mine has stock height, but it can be raised a few cm. My friend has the same shock on his Scrambler, and it is raised 2/3 cm.
If you have the chance do the suspension upgrade, it really brings the bike to another level.
Thanks a lot for the info SDC....killer bike man!!!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts