BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my bike four months now and done the following...
  • Fork gaiters
  • Wunderlich risers
  • Headlight bezel wrap
  • Pier City Custom’s Speedo lowering bracket
  • Flipped front fender/mudguard
  • Cheap tail tidy
  • Highsider rear bullet indicators
  • Motogadget M pin front indicators
  • Hookie Co license plate
  • UGS seat recovered navy blue
  • Shin Yo bar end mirrors
  • BMW monochrome tank badges
  • MachineArt Xheads protectors
  • BMW OEM bash guard

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve had my bike four months now and done the following...
  • Fork gaiters
  • Wunderlich risers
  • Headlight bezel wrap
  • Pier City Custom’s Speedo lowering bracket
  • Flipped front fender/mudguard
  • Cheap tail tidy
  • Highsider rear bullet indicators
  • Motogadget M pin front indicators
  • Hookie Co license plate
  • UGS seat recovered navy blue
  • Shin Yo bar end mirrors
  • BMW monochrome tank badges
  • MachineArt Xheads protectors
  • BMW OEM bash guard
View attachment 129672 View attachment 129673 View attachment 129675
Is that an OEM fork gaiter? How hard was it to put on? Been wanting to put one on mine. Bike looks good ??

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that an OEM fork gaiter? How hard was it to put on? Been wanting to put one on mine. Bike looks good ??
Thank you. Yeah it’s the OEM one. I got the dealer to install them as part of purchase deal. They said it took about an hour as had to drop the forks out. If the dealer wouldn’t have done it then I’d of got those neoprene gaiters that attach with Velcro as I don’t have the skills, tools or a garage!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you. Yeah it’s the OEM one. I got the dealer to install them as part of purchase deal. They said it took about an hour as had to drop the forks out. If the dealer wouldn’t have done it then I’d of got those neoprene gaiters that attach with Velcro as I don’t have the skills, tools or a garage!
bike look so much better with the gaiter. maybe i can still ask the dealership if they can give me a deal or something. i believe the fork gaiter cost lower than the labor. lol. i can probably do it myself i just dont have the proper tools to lift the bike.

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bike look so much better with the gaiter. maybe i can still ask the dealership if they can give me a deal or something. i believe the fork gaiter cost lower than the labor. lol. i can probably do it myself i just dont have the proper tools to lift the bike.
Totally agree, I think they should put them on as stock as much easier to remove than fit. The dealer hadn’t put them on a Pure before but after my suggestion they’ve started to.

They are very cheap I think no more than £30 so deffo be the labour that could be expensive. It’s worth asking them for sure. Good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
looking good

Reactions: skiint

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wrapped the snorkel as I can’t get to the powder coaters

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got round to installing some midi Probrake levers, they seem real good quality and nice feel to them. So easy to install too. They are pretty competitively priced at £90

·
Administrator
11,380 Posts
Great work! :)

Reactions: skiint

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looking good! Not a fan of the fork gaiters, but other than that, spot on!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,142 Posts
Looking good! Not a fan of the fork gaiters, but other than that, spot on!
I love the gaiters, I think they really make the bike look cool and period correct for a modern/retro. But everything is subjective, that's why customizing our bikes is so interesting because everyone has their own take on what the bike should look like.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts