BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,787 Posts
The numberplate holder blends in really well, did you fab that up?
Also the rear light gives a nice clean and simply style, good choice.

Reactions: Gambo916 and skiint

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The numberplate holder blends in really well, did you fab that up?
Also the rear light gives a nice clean and simply style, good choice.
Thanks, I wish I had the skills to do that, it is made by Unit Garage. I probably spent 3 months deciding on what tail tidy to get. Ideally I would have got someone to fabricate one but went with this option as thought it’d be cheaper and meets 90% of my requirements. However it was £245 which I think is a little overpriced and I had to drill it to fit the light.
I’ve always really like the Bates style and think it helps tie the headlight in too

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This bike has really come together now - I love it, and whilst I was initially unsure about the seat colour i know think it was a touch of genius! Great work :)
Thanks for the kind words. In the shop the blue was much darker, I almost got the guy to recover the seat in black after I had it done but it’s grown on me now.
This is it for cosmetics for a while I think. I do have the flapper delete to install but need to buy a torque wrench!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very well done, all the pieces period match, particularly like the rear lamp.

"be free from the gravity of expectation"

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The cheapest mod so far...you all probably know the Pure (I think all except the Classic) come with plastic bar end “weights”. I can feel vibration through the handlebars when riding, it’s not painful as such but is noticeable. I prefer narrow bars and didn’t want to pay a fortune so instead of getting the OEM version or aftermarket type I ordered some M12 button head bolts to trial as bar end weights. They’re 60g each so not sure if it’ll make much difference but were only £8.25 for five...

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Replaced the Akrapovic for the discontinued Pro Race RC-150, I was lucky to get it from a fellow forum member...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts