BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2018 RnineT
12 Posts
almost 10k KM excellent work sir! Do you have an aftermarket seat of some kind? My butt gets pretty sore after only 2 hours on the stock seat although I’m a big sissy. Haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Amazing pictures ! I would love to go this far north with my scrambler one day !

Thank you for sharing

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ride motorbike since I was 16 and in my life I have traveled a lot but never riding a motorcycle. This was my first experience. I had never done even a weekend before, only "sunday trip".
It was a gift for my 40 years ( 3 years ago) after my divorce from my wife. New life.

5.30 AM...ready to go!
View attachment 137754
View attachment 137753

My first time out of Italy riding 2 wheels😁😁😁
View attachment 137755

at Rostock's port in 2 days just in time for ferry
View attachment 137756

Sweden

View attachment 137757 View attachment 137758 View attachment 137759 View attachment 137760 View attachment 137761
Greetings from Kansas City!
Wow, oh wow! Thank you, that’s the best post or adventure I have seen! I have the same Scrambler, trip planning starts today!

·
Registered
NineT Scrambler 2016
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
almost 10k KM excellent work sir! Do you have an aftermarket seat of some kind? My butt gets pretty sore after only 2 hours on the stock seat although I’m a big sissy. Haha
I generally use the “comfort” saddle (of the UGS, 3 cm higher than the standard one ) and I use mountain bike shorts. The secret, however, is to stop very often, obviously to take a lot of photos.
😎😎😎
Yes, every comment made ... yes, I agree. Everyone can agree! Thank you for the great post. Gave me big smiles and surprises viewing the land scape’s and scenery. What a great memory for you to carry as you first proper trip, well done. Did you mostly camp-out or board, hotels etc ? When you packed up to hit the road what’s the one thing you forgot or wished you had brought along ...and what’s the one thing that you took and made room for that was useless and you wish you’d left behind ? StayUpOn2 Talox and again,
Thanks for your post ... top notch ! .....Blitz
When traveling by motorbike I have only one rule: sleep in a comfortable bed, especially if the next day I have to ride the motorbike for 600 or 700 km. So I don't like camping in tents but I usually book simple hotels (2 or maximum 3 stars) that include in the rate abundant breakfasts, so I can have light lunches, and a safe parking for my bike. In Norway I have always slept in hytte or rorbouer, beautiful and very typical.
1BA6B63A-BCF5-48B5-839B-D1696BC9B761.jpeg
138AB6B8-BEA7-4274-B1B0-B55FA828AE97.jpeg
97D2E5CF-8C8A-46FC-8771-DD70C2C6FEA2.jpeg
D7FF0352-04CA-471D-8E74-729EB8F8C211.jpeg
D50B02F6-2522-4AB9-B031-C3AE8938B26C.jpeg
C6D164B9-5F60-4AE3-86B9-1C7D96556EFB.jpeg
DF60BD1E-32AD-4E6E-ABA8-FE495B8B3AFB.jpeg
BAE1417D-3120-4EDD-AA2D-199F5F1D3AB1.jpeg
C408C051-9499-4E6E-ADCD-E5C0BB208ABC.jpeg
CB3AC867-2D1E-485B-AF2F-040314089453.jpeg

😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

·
Registered
995 Posts
I generally use the “comfort” saddle (of the UGS, 3 cm higher than the standard one ) and I use mountain bike shorts. The secret, however, is to stop very often, obviously to take a lot of photos.
😎😎😎

When traveling by motorbike I have only one rule: sleep in a comfortable bed, especially if the next day I have to ride the motorbike for 600 or 700 km. So I don't like camping in tents but I usually book simple hotels (2 or maximum 3 stars) that include in the rate abundant breakfasts, so I can have light lunches, and a safe parking for my bike. In Norway I have always slept in hytte or rorbouer, beautiful and very typical. View attachment 137909 View attachment 137910 View attachment 137911 View attachment 137912 View attachment 137913 View attachment 137914 View attachment 137915 View attachment 137916 View attachment 137917 View attachment 137918

😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋
Wow Talox, that’s so attractive, makes me hungry, what a wonderful way to start each day. I spent many of my road trips camping a few hundred yards just off the highway In some tall grass just far enough to be hidden from sight. I guess I’ve never been much of a sight seer and when I travel it’s usually about getting from one waypoint to the next and not so much about what’s in between ...so although your Picts are beautiful I don’t really focus much on anything but the highway at around 90mph. Italy has such long and colorful history ..I hope the sky is not always so grey there and sunless, perhaps it just the time of day they were taken. Is it very cold there or does it just look that way ? Are your winters difficult? So much different than the traveling I’ve done .... Your a lucky man Talox. After that adventure I’m sure there’ll be many more motorbike trips in your future. Please post them too. I hope your new life brings you joy and peace. ThankYou for sharing your time and posting your Picts. Be well and StayUpOn2 my friend
..... ✌😎.....Blitz

·
Registered
14 Posts
😎😎😎

When traveling by motorbike I have only one rule: sleep in a comfortable bed, especially if the next day I have to ride the motorbike for 600 or 700 km. So I don't like camping in tents but I usually book simple hotels (2 or maximum 3 stars) that include in the rate abundant breakfasts, so I can have light lunches, and a safe parking for my bike. In Norway I have always slept in hytte or rorbouer, beautiful and very typical. View attachment 137909 View attachment 137910 View attachment 137911 View attachment 137912 View attachment 137913 View attachment 137914 View attachment 137915 View attachment 137916 View attachment 137917 View attachment 137918

😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋
Thanks for those tips, they do make perfect sense.

Based on your experience of long trips on the Nine, is there any particular modification that you would do to it (apart from the seat :LOL:) in order to make your trips easier or more comfortable ?

Have you carried any spare fuel on the way to and from the Nordkapp? Was the standard tank restrictive in any way ?

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
83 Posts
Out of curiosity, what camera and lenses did you use or was the cellphone the gun of choice?

·
Registered
NineT Scrambler 2016
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Italy has such long and colorful history ..I hope the sky is not always so grey there and sunless, perhaps it just the time of day they were taken. Is it very cold there or does it just look that way ? Are your winters difficult? So much different than the traveling I’ve done ....
Thank you Blitz! I was very lucky for the weather, only 3 days of rain (I know people who have been riding for 15 days in the rain) and it was not cold, more or less like an autumn in Italy. However on the bike I don't mind the cold but I don't like the rain.

Thanks for those tips, they do make perfect sense.

Based on your experience of long trips on the Nine, is there any particular modification that you would do to it (apart from the seat :LOL:) in order to make your trips easier or more comfortable ?

Have you carried any spare fuel on the way to and from the Nordkapp? Was the standard tank restrictive in any way ?
I think that it's absolutely necessary a good windshield. Both the height and the inclination are very important because a very high windshield can protect but can generate noises on the helmet due to turbulence. To Nordkapp the standard tank is absolutely sufficient. You can find a lot of petrol stations along the way and you have autonomy of 270/280 km.
I carried additional petrol in Morocco and on the Silk Road to Samarkand (I will post soon:cool::cool::cool:)

Out of curiosity, what camera and lenses did you use or was the cellphone the gun of choice?
I use a mirrorless camera Fujifilm X-T20 with XF 18/55 and XF 27 mm but the most of photos I took by iPhone X, easier and faster! I try to take pictures in fully manual mode but very often photos in fully automatic mode are absolutely more beautiful. I am trying to learn but I still have to do a lot of practice.

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
83 Posts
Thank you Blitz! I was very lucky for the weather, only 3 days of rain (I know people who have been riding for 15 days in the rain) and it was not cold, more or less like an autumn in Italy. However on the bike I don't mind the cold but I don't like the rain.

I think that it's absolutely necessary a good windshield. Both the height and the inclination are very important because a very high windshield can protect but can generate noises on the helmet due to turbulence. To Nordkapp the standard tank is absolutely sufficient. You can find a lot of petrol stations along the way and you have autonomy of 270/280 km.
I carried additional petrol in Morocco and on the Silk Road to Samarkand (I will post soon:cool::cool::cool:)

I use a mirrorless camera Fujifilm X-T20 with XF 18/55 and XF 27 mm but the most of photos I took by iPhone X, easier and faster! I try to take pictures in fully manual mode but very often photos in fully automatic mode are absolutely more beautiful. I am trying to learn but I still have to do a lot of practice.
Thanks, I am of opinion that the most cameras are judged by professionals that work in RAW, most mortals really want a good software program and Jpeg photos. Your photos are very good and I thought that a camera was used, good news for cellphone cameras. I do not have the time, patience and knowledge to work with a RAW file. Hence the Iphone X, having said that, a good photo needs a good eye. Very nice and although I am in the southern part of the world and cannot afford travels in Euro, looking at those photos of yours ignites the itch to travel and maybe, just maybe, one day. Thanks for sharing

21 - 29 of 29 Posts