BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, one of our crew died after a long battle with cancer. One of the things he asked us to do was to go ride the Napolean way which runs between Gap and Cannes in France. We did that in his honour and buried his helmet en route.

1393kms in 5 days. Good Times and long, fast days in the saddle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Such sincere and heartfelt comments from everyone, I’m honored to be among such gentleman. DaveSnowPros you rock my friend and I’m sure your lost brother is smiling down on you. Your karma is strong … thank you for sharing that story. I’m smiling and crying at the same time. BeWell Dave live long and never forget. Every time you think of him he lives again in your heart. I salute you Sir, you are a good friend. …….Blitz

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
375 Posts
There's nothing better than share doing something pleasant with friends in memory of a loved one!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Kudos, Dave. Such a fitting tribute (and heart-warming story).

I’d like to think my old riding buddies might do the same for me. Of course, most have turned into insurance salesmen (to borrow from the old John Prine song; or is it “All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down”?)...

You get the idea, and it’s so great that you and your mates are out there and have NOT settled down... (y)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kudos, Dave. Such a fitting tribute (and heart-warming story).

I’d like to think my old riding buddies might do the same for me. Of course, most have turned into insurance salesmen (to borrow from the old John Prine song; or is it “All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down”?)...

You get the idea, and it’s so great that you and your mates are out there and have NOT settled down... (y)
Thank you all.

I'm constantly frustrated just how difficult it is to get what seems like more than 2 of us at any one time. Doesn't help that the main two of us are self employed and often go riding on random Tuesdays at short notice. The rest àre salary men with real jobs and desks they are tied to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts