BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met a guy in Tulum Mexico across from the famous Batey bar in March 2019 who had this motorcycle that I am in love with. Since then. My dream is to have one exactly like it. Can you help me find the closest model to this Nine T? Is a 2015? A Reveals? I understand that I will have to find a used motorbike and modify it but I don't know where to start. I am in Canada very close to Ottawa in Quebec. Thank you for helping me. Nicolas
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2013 R1200GSA 2021 Urban GS
43 Posts
Not sure of the model year, but it appears to be a scrambler model that was resprayed. The valve covers, crash bars, gas cap and handle bars were added.

·
Registered
556 Posts
This is a 2017> bmw R nine T scrambler (not 2021/2022 model)
(You can see from the dial and exhaust)

Other mods i can see are:
Roland sands valve covers
Rizoma crashbars
Daedalus Tail tidy/rear light
Side mount licence plate holder
Monza fuel cap
Rizoma brake/clutch covers
A skidplate in black
Potentiometer cover
Higher handlebars with cross brace

Other than that; looks like he just powdercoated allot of the parts matte black..

·
Administrator
13,058 Posts
Welcome Nicolas! Yep it looks like a 2017-20 model Scrambler with a respray and lots of accessories. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a 2017> bmw R nine T scrambler (not 2021/2022 model)
(You can see from the dial and exhaust)

Other mods i can see are:
Roland sands valve covers
Rizoma crashbars
Daedalus Tail tidy/rear light
Side mount licence plate holder
Monza fuel cap
Rizoma brake/clutch covers
A skidplate in black
Potentiometer cover
Higher handlebars with cross brace

Other than that; looks like he just powdercoated allot of the parts matte black..

wow thanks for the info, I’ll look for one to sell.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio, USA! :)

Great list by @Chris. above. I'd add to that list Rizoma Reverse Retro bar end mirrors and the small round frame caps, possibly Roland Sands though I don't think I've seen in gold before.

There's also something sticking out from the rear of the swingarm. I have no idea what that is or what it's for.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
769 Posts
That looks like a license plate holder to me @TimC
Yup, and since it’s a Mexican bike, it requires no license plate! But one could mod it into a well-lit Marguerita shaker?

·
Premium Member
R9teees
642 Posts
All it takes is a rattle can of black paint and money.
Looking forward to see how your project takes shape. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2017 Prambler
507 Posts
Hey Nicolas, welcome to the forum. As noted above, that looks like it started life as a 2017-2020 stock Scrambler and then he modded it nicely. Good luck with the project and be sure to share pics so we can see how it's going.

Best,
-Tim

·
Registered
20 Posts
I met a guy in Tulum Mexico across from the famous Batey bar in March 2019 who had this motorcycle that I am in love with. Since then. My dream is to have one exactly like it. Can you help me find the closest model to this Nine T? Is a 2015? A Reveals? I understand that I will have to find a used motorbike and modify it but I don't know where to start. I am in Canada very close to Ottawa in Quebec. Thank you for helping me. Nicolas View attachment 150058
View attachment 150057
Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,047 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋
Keep us updated when you start your own build.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts