BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Blitz, I have a great array of normal hand & power tools but unfortunately I don't have the space for this kind of equipment but I did see an episode of Boyds custom / hot rod show years ago and I remember seeing a trimmer from a family of trimmers using some kind of sander to shape the foam so I suppose I could look it up and give it a go and I will get exactly what I want, eventually.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Hi Blitz, I have a great array of normal hand & power tools but unfortunately I don't have the space for this kind of equipment but I did see an episode of Boyds custom / hot rod show years ago and I remember seeing a trimmer from a family of trimmers using some kind of sander to shape the foam so I suppose I could look it up and give it a go and I will get exactly what I want, eventually.
I don’t know where you live CMC but there is an international group of people called “Makers”
They are both professional and amateur DIY builders across the globe who band together in a club and pick a space to rent and create a “MakerSpace” They’re all over the world. They bring their tools and talents together to share both. The membership dues are very reasonable and access to equipment and skill is FREE, you pay for your own materials. You might look into that resource especially if your like me and want hands on. ………Blitz

61 - 62 of 62 Posts