BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello New England forum members. I’m looking to see who’s interested in getting a group ride together.

@mistamistry and myself will be getting together soon, after the 8th of September (for me anyway) and into the fall. We’re looking to gauge interest and perhaps share contact information as things begin to gel.

No information will be shared anywhere, but if you’re the least bit skittish, we’ll post the basic details here.

If you want to be included in all the information and be part of the planning, PM your email to me.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like this ride is shaping up for a Friday 18th meet up in Bennington, VT at 12:00 noon-ish.

@mistamistry and @Dauphinais will be leaving from the Boston area on Friday morning, and we'll be meeting up with @TomTom in Vermont.

@mistamistry and @Dauphinais will be returning to the Boston area on Saturday some time.

Feel free to join us for any part of this ride, or the entire thing if you can.

PM me for more specifics if interested.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Arguably, the best day for motorcycle riding in Vermont this year was September 18th.

I met up with @mistamistry in Lexington, MA at 9:00am and we headed West, and then North West for just over 3 hours in pretty chilly conditions, heading to a rendezvous point in Bennington Vermont. We stopped for gas along the way and I put every remaining clothing layer I had with me on. (Tom, I'm gonna need a link for your heated vest when you get a chance - brilliant piece of kit to extend the riding season.)

We met up with @TomTom at the Bennington Museum, which is just a couple of minutes out of the town center, where we said our hello's and formed our plans for the day.

Here are some points of interest we caught along the way:

Coffee and bagels at Benner's. You'll know it when you see it because there's a large moose on the deck.

The Battle of Bennington Revolutionary War Memorial.

The quintessential Vermont covered bridge shot.

Mount Equinox - spectacular views, and the road to the top was switch back heaven.

@TomTom was the consummate host, showing us around some of the best roads in his state. He led the way while in Vermont on his beautiful Blue Planet option 719 with all the jewelry. Tom please provide the route map that we took - the roads we drove were incredible fun.

@mistamistry was a great riding companion because he's just on the right side of full hooligan (just joking). Seriously, he's a great rider and guide. Samir (who is a true techie), please provide some of the great still shots you took with your camera equipment and gadgets.

Food and accommodation's were top shelf while we were in the State, I couldn't recommend this area enough - you have to try it for yourself.

Hopefully we'll get to put another ride together this year, if not, definitely next year.

·
Administrator
11,567 Posts
Looks like you all had a brilliant time! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
It was a great day of riding, unmarred by rain, traffic, or gratuitous law enforcement. If the wasp had waited for me to finish my coffee before stinging my finger, it would have been perfect.

I recommend this for riding North of Boston if it is not July: Gerbing 12V Heated Vest Liner

If you have heated grips, it’s all you need. Heat the big pools of blood in your torso, then let the circulatory system deliver the heat to the rest of your body. If the day warms up, the vest makes a nice comfortable liner with the heat disconnected.

OK, you need these too:Gerbing 12V Accessory Plug.

Your R Nine T power port can handle 5A of draw before the CANBUS calls an end to the fun. The vest draws a maximum of 4.5A, so no need to wire it directly to the battery.

Ray, a big thank you for organizing this. Samir, thanks for documenting it. A pleasure to meet you both.

Reactions: Dauphinais

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
116 Posts
Wow, it must have been fun :cool:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was a great day of riding, unmarred by rain, traffic, or gratuitous law enforcement. If the wasp had waited for me to finish my coffee before stinging my finger, it would have been perfect.

I recommend this for riding North of Boston if it is not July: Gerbing 12V Heated Vest Liner

If you have heated grips, it’s all you need. Heat the big pools of blood in your torso, then let the circulatory system deliver the heat to the rest of your body. If the day warms up, the vest makes a nice comfortable liner with the heat disconnected.

OK, you need these too:Gerbing 12V Accessory Plug.

Your R Nine T power port can handle 5A of draw before the CANBUS calls an end to the fun. The vest draws a maximum of 4.5A, so no need to wire it directly to the battery.

Ray, a big thank you for organizing this. Samir, thanks for documenting it. A pleasure to meet you both.
Tom, it was my pleasure meeting you and Samir on this trip. And not a problem organizing the trip, I'll do it again.

Also, a heated vest is on its way to my house as we speak! I'm fully thawed out 3 days later.

Thank you for posting the route. I think @mistamistry has us on his Go Pro. Hopefully he can ad a video to this thread.

Hope your hand has stopped throbbing from that hornet sting.

·
Registered
2017 BMW R Nine T Scrambler
15 Posts
Twas an epic ride!! Great meeting @TomTom and @Dauphinais!

I didn’t take any GoPro video, forgot that the windshield would block the view from my chest mount Ended up taking pics only (they’re the ones you posted above!).

I definitely will be in-vest-ing...heh heh

What do you think guys, squeeze another ride in this season?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
And here's a few more photos from the ride.

Tom's beautiful Blue Planet.

Our bikes lined up at the monument.

Another covered Bridge shot.

Our new friend "Patches" the Giant Japanese Akita we met on top of Mount Equinox.

1600873052893.png

1 - 18 of 18 Posts