BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
RNineT 2017
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a 2017 NineT fitted with Akro including welded DB killers.

I'm considering swapping it out for the AC Schnitzer Stealth. Now I should go the for Euro 4 version (which I assume has fixed DB killer too) but can I go for the Euro 3 version (removable DB killer?) or will there be fit/remap issues?

·
Administrator
11,941 Posts
There won't be fuelling or remap issues in my opinion. The bike's fuel injection system will compensate for any minor differences in exhausts. If I was in your shoes I'd be going for a Euro3 exhaust and I'd be willing to bet all would be ok. Your call though. The Euro 3 will almost certainly have a removable baffle. If you email the vendor they will be able to confirm this. Doesn't the ACS web site tell you the differences? Normally if a baffle is removable it says so in the spec or marketing blurb.

If I was going to go for catless headers as well, then a Booster Plug (minimum requirement IMO) or a Remap (preferable) would be desirable to cope with the freer flowing exhaust system (which may cause lean running).

·
Registered
RNineT 2017
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's BaldyDave, Am thinking along the same lines. I've emailed AC a few days ago, but it's been tumbleweed so am a little reluctant ordering from them. The plan is to pick slip on now and the swap headers earlyish next year to remove cat and then remap. It'd be nice to get the right exhaust now... Euro3 is my preference.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Derekbra
I have a 2015 R9T and I have the Euro 3 AC Schnitzer end can and I have also removed the NCV, sounds lovely.
One thing that I noticed is that on the Euro 3 model there is NO DB killer !
There is no place for it to fit or be fitted, on the paper work that came with the exhaust, it says that it is road legal as long as the Cat is still fitted to the exhaust system.
Hope this helps a bit.

ps. don't know why this has come out all Blue !!

·
Registered
RNineT 2017
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Jockey. That's a bit concerning, as I've mentioned, I've emailed AC but so far there's no response to my query. I might just have to go for the Akro instead. Will keep ya updated if I hear back from AC.

·
Banned
660 Posts
Thanks for the info Jockey. That's a bit concerning, as I've mentioned, I've emailed AC but so far there's no response to my query. I might just have to go for the Akro instead. Will keep ya updated if I hear back from AC.
I have the Euro4 Akro on my UGS which has the dB killer bolted in but no access via the C/F end cap....

I have ordered the Akro grommet and will drill it and remove the dB killer in the next day or so, it's too quiet with it in place.....

·
Registered
RNineT 2017
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Cropduster,
Great job, I'd say it sound superb. Did you follow any online tutorial/video to do this? if so can you include a link. Was it easy to do and is it destructive to the rest of the can?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts