BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R nineT, 2017 R1200 GS, 2014 Yamaha R6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love it. What mods are next?
Deleting the diving board off the tail is definitely next and replacing it with an integrated unit. Also, the optional Akra header, sans cats and flapper, is on order. Bar end mirrors are also a thought, but I need to decide about handle bars or clip-ons. Engine bolt-ons are also a consideration.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice!!!
Tail tidy has been ordered (evotech) but it shouldn’t get here for another good 7 weeks ☹
Also highly considering the flapper valve mod. Currently waiting on a scrambler exhaust bracket so I can remove the passenger subframe. How much does it weigh?
Also, what’s the evap delete mod?
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice!!!
Tail tidy has been ordered (evotech) but it shouldn’t get here for another good 7 weeks ☹
Also highly considering the flapper valve mod. Currently waiting on a scrambler exhaust bracket so I can remove the passenger subframe. How much does it weigh?
Also, what’s the evap delete mod?
Thanks
I got the passenger removal kit from my dealer, along with the aluminum cowl. The frame weighs maybe 10 lb or so. The evap delete is removing the ugly black canister that is zip-tied to a rack on the LHS adjacent to the shock.

·
Registered
206 Posts
So, 8 days into this thing, and I finished the first set of mods to this project in the making.

So we have the evap delete (thanks, folks for the tips):

View attachment 144827

Passenger peg & pillion delete and cowl install:
View attachment 144829

Current state of WIP (love it):
View attachment 144830
Hey Badmotorscotter,

Welcome to the forum. PM me in private if you are in Northeast Ohio. A fellow R nine t member of this forum and I ride together from time to time. Congratulations on your mods. I have made a bunch, but went with Zard titanium exhausts.

Reactions: Badmotorscooter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Haven't posted here for a while, but progress is still being made:

Bar end mirrors are installed:
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle brake

New exhaust can to go with the cat/flapper delete and optional Akra header. The exhaust note is awesome.
Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle frame Bicycle tire

Tail diving board delete and integrated LED bar installed:
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Thank you.
And for the latest touch for this past week, I had the cowl painted black at the local shop. I thought it was a nice touch:
View attachment 148845
Nice job, looking better all the time. What’s next ? …and what’s the bike next to it with the aluminum panniers ? …… nice bike shed too ……Blitz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a 2017 GS: the love machine for my wife and I. All my other bikes have been single-seat sportbikes for the last 15 years. Still have a Yamaha for the track. I sold my last Aprilia this year. Steadily getting out of the racetrack as I reach 60.

I think some easy bolt-on bling is the next stop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts