BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,310 Posts
Congratulations on your new R9T and welcome to the forum from Ohio, USA! :)

·
Registered
2021 BMW R Ninet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greetings.

Why the front fender is not the silver one ?
Because it’s standard color “black storm mettalic” I just opted for aluminium tank and special order for the windscreen, I don’t like the looks with the rear hump

·
Administrator
12,545 Posts
Hey welcome the forum, Thiti, its great to see you here! :)

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Welcome here

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,701 Posts
Hi again and welcome to the forum. 👋

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes until I found out that it was leaking oil, so not much joy until it has been fixed
Mine had a faulty reserve light sensor and wept oil from the right angle gearbox next to the wheel. Worst thing is it actually wept very little, only leaving a few drops on the inside of the rim. Could've gone like that for thousands of miles without noticing really.

So I feel for you, they're not perhaps as well built as they should be.

Still, would rather go back to your Striple RS ? I had one as well, a 2020 MY, and a great bike though it is, it is no match in my heart for the Nine T.

·
Registered
2021 BMW R Ninet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine had a faulty reserve light sensor and wept oil from the right angle gearbox next to the wheel. Worst thing is it actually wept very little, only leaving a few drops on the inside of the rim. Could've gone like that for thousands of miles without noticing really.

So I feel for you, they're not perhaps as well built as they should be.

Still, would rather go back to your Striple RS ? I had one as well, a 2020 MY, and a great bike though it is, it is no match in my heart for the Nine T.
no the street triple isn’t my type of a bike (too sporty) and i’ve read that air/oilhead boxer was reliable, well it might if the bike was built with quality.

I’m just dissapoointed with BMW I gave 256k Danish (40.7k US) for the bike. Off course it’s going to be fixed under warranty, but it breaks my heart knowing that they have to split the bike in half and probably scuff and scratch something.

now looking back I would’ve want something that had a quickshifter and autoblipper, but no bike matches my preference for a bike as the R Ninet not to talk about the looks of the R Ninet! Simply beautiful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts