BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
540 Posts
Welcome to the forum Matt84, I also have classic model. We call those big Yamaha singles Thumpers here in the states. I bought a brand new 77 TT 500 set it up for ice racing and went to annual classic ice race. When I rolled up to starting line there were 15 new Yamaha 500 motorcycles there. suddenly I realized I had no edge on anyone.

·
Registered
R ninet 2016, Yamaha XT 500
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rick, many thanks! Is your 77 Thumper ;) the orange one with silver tank?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello Matthias ! Welcome onboard ;-)

Those are some gorgeous mirrors you have on that Nine T. May I ask where they're from ?
Is that a Wunderlich fuel cap ?

Lovely XT500 too, looks pristine to me.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
969 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the photos of your great motorcycles! (y)

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
540 Posts
Hi Rick, many thanks! Is your 77 Thumper ;) the orange one with silver tank?
Yes Matt84 It was the second year, first were white and third was yellow then they went back to orange in 79. I no longer have it though. When I switched up to 750 class I sold it needing funds as I was young and poor. Those engines are still king on the ice, They just have right amount of power and torque. I still have a Knight framed Honda xr 500 that's much stronger on dirt tracks but my friend still gives me trouble on ice with tt 500

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Welcome here.

Reactions: Matt84

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
391 Posts
Willkommen! Very nice mods there. If that’s the Rizoma snorkel, how did you manage to get the protective grid (Gitter) attached? Or is that the one from Wunderlich? When I present my bike to the German TÜV, which I will, I’ll keep yours in mind;-) Servus!

·
Administrator
12,302 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum. Like both of your bikes. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks to all!

@Euler's Identity
@IMR9T
The mirrors are from the 3D series of Rizoma, but unfortunately now no longer available. The fuelcap is the model Monza from Wunderlich.

@TatsugaRai
The frame bags are from Maxakaido from Italy. (ordered via etsy.com)
Thanks @Matt84, I expected these to be from Rizoma. I've looked around on the web for these but couldn't find any picture of them.

Were they discontinued a long time ago ?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,505 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋

I have always wanted an XT500 but the prices keep going up!
I have the baby brother 1982 XT250!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Welcome to the forum Matt84, I also have classic model. We call those big Yamaha singles Thumpers here in the states. I bought a brand new 77 TT 500 set it up for ice racing and went to annual classic ice race. When I rolled up to starting line there were 15 new Yamaha 500 motorcycles there. suddenly I realized I had no edge on anyone.
Beautiful rides Matt .... Hey Rick ... thumpers are cool, how bout a 441 Victor BSA ... dun dun dun dun ... hold on... right up the side of a mountain many times ... dun dun dun! Looks like Matt knows too. Can’t keep a popper down ... dun dun dun pow!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts