BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R NineT Classic/Roadster
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day! I am am a new member from Salt Lake City, Utah. I am on the search for my R Nine T, and thought joining the forum would be an excellent resource to narrow my pursuit. I've seen a handful of 2015-2019 R Nine T's in the $11-17K range, and think a new R Nine Pure might be a better buy. I am still learning and welcome any advice or options.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,310 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio! :)

Used motorcycle prices are kind of high right now - much like used car prices - so at the moment a brand new bike might actually make more sense than an overpriced used one. You'll get the full factory warranty, maybe better dealer support or preferential treatment, and if you're financing you'll likely get a better rate on a new bike than a used one. (For example, I got a better rate from BMW than I could get from my credit union.) The only financial negative could be a higher insurance premium for a brand new bike vs. one that's already a few years old.

Speaking only for myself, I bought a new 2020 Pure last fall because I love the paint scheme on mine, I wanted cast wheels and single exhaust (which I've already swapped out for an SC-Project model), and I knew I was going to swap out the fork springs and rear shock due to my higher weight. The regular R9Ts have some nice upgrades and it's a nicer bike overall, but you'll have to decide what's important to you as a buyer and rider. Mine works for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome and your information. I like the simplicity and upgradability of the Pure. Plus in an attractive price point. I think you are right, a new model is likely a better buy--especially with the crazy high pre-owned prices right now. I'm digging the Teal pain scheme. I haven't seen many on the road, and I think it's a nice departure from the typical black/red, aluminum, and blue/white scheme. The gray seems to be the "in color" on bikes, cars, and SUV's across all brands right now.

·
Administrator
12,545 Posts
Hey welcome! :)

Reactions: DesertRoads

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,704 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋
Good luck on your quest . . . for a nineT!

Reactions: DesertRoads

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked up my 2015 R Nine T Thursday morning! Very excited! Has 9400 miles, meticulously maintained and rides like a dream! Glad to be an integral part of the community. :) Thank you all for your welcome and input!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts