BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just saying hello. Looking to buy prob. a new Nine T in near future. Had quite a few bikes in the past (30 odd) current bike is a Royal Enfield 650 which I bought to slow down, but its slowed me down too much! Hope to add to the discussions on here.

·
Administrator
11,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate! :)

Reactions: Fast H

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Welcome, at least I’ll know there’s a slim possibility I’ll see another R9T when I’m out ‘n’ about in Manc. area. ;)
Cheers,Ken.

·
Registered
BMW RNT Classic; Tuono 1000 R
45 Posts
In addition, I've heard the Royal Enfield 650 Riders Group can be quite snobbish.....

View attachment 135791

Welcome to the NineT Owners forum!
Not been out on any run outs or anything similar so I can't comment on that, but seems a strange bike to be snobbish about!
Oh please never mind me. I have a dark sense of humor my Wife bans from the household, The forum is something of an outlet but I try to keep it clean and hopefully some of the members get it enough to bear with me. Lots of great info here and nothing better than talking bikes "with the guys!"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, at least I’ll know there’s a slim possibility I’ll see another R9T when I’m out ‘n’ about in Manc. area. ;)
Cheers,Ken.
Hi. Where did you buy and where do you get your bike serviced?

·
Registered
Black 9T classic, Tracer 700, Xs650, montesa 315r, classic mini
29 Posts
Hi
Just saying hello. Looking to buy prob. a new Nine T in near future. Had quite a few bikes in the past (30 odd) current bike is a Royal Enfield 650 which I bought to slow down, but its slowed me down too much! Hope to add to the discussions on here.
I think you'll like the R9T, good blend of performance, handling, looks and fiddle factor. I'm really gelling with mine, I'm a serial bike swapper but this is a keeper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kind of my thoughts. I'm 56 and have had about 30 bikes (Highlights being) , Honda's (Fireblade & NSR 400), Kawasaki's (GPZ1100 & 750 H2C), Suzuki (Bandit 1200) Moto Guzzi (V Sport & Strada 1000) Yamaha (MT-01 & RD350LC) Triumph (Daytona 955i & Speed Triple) the list goes on and on! So I am indeed looking to the R9T as a keeper and my last bike.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Hi. Where did you buy and where do you get your bike serviced?
Hi Fast H;
I bought my Pure from Hunts, with, I think, 1595 miles on clock.
First service I needed to have done was the 12 month one.
Took it to a local mechanic I know and though he was cheaper than Williams BMW in Manchester he missed things he should have done and did something that didn’t need doing!
I’d previously had a price from Williams for me to take the bike to them.
So, I called Williams and they said they’d collect the bike, service it and return it with no extra cost for transport.
Did it through Levi on reception and she knows what she’s talking about.
Very pleased with their price and service and will definitely return for future things.
Cheers,Ken.

·
Registered
Black 9T classic, Tracer 700, Xs650, montesa 315r, classic mini
29 Posts
Kind of my thoughts. I'm 56 and have had about 30 bikes (Highlights being) , Honda's (Fireblade & NSR 400), Kawasaki's (GPZ1100 & 750 H2C), Suzuki (Bandit 1200) Moto Guzzi (V Sport & Strada 1000) Yamaha (MT-01 & RD350LC) Triumph (Daytona 955i & Speed Triple) the list goes on and on! So I am indeed looking to the R9T as a keeper and my last bike.
Same here and similar bike ownership. You can make the 9T into pretty much any style you want, full on tourer perhaps excepting. Shaft drive reaction takes a little adjustment but I'm sure you'll like it.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The closest BMW dealer to me also sells Royal Enfields, and I checked out a couple they have on the sales floor. I dig the retro looks but I don't think I'd be happy with it other than for my short commute or shorter lazy Sunday rides.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's kind of what they are aimed at in the West. In their country of origin its a different story of course.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is anyone aware of any "updates" due on the R9T or Pure models? Don't want to buy one and then find out a newer version is on its way.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,937 Posts
Reactions: Fast H

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info off everyone on here. Pulled the trigger on a new R Nine T today. Think I got a decent deal. Bike is brand stock bike with the only option being the heated grips. I paid a touch over 11K with Datatag and its first service included. Feel I got a fair deal. SO what are the ESSENTIAL mods I now need to be thinking about. I already have a hugger, fenda extenda and some sort of cylinder head protection on the list and would appreciate people's thoughts on where I should maybe source these from along with the suggestions for the "Essential mods" . My current bike (Royal Enfield 650) I will be keeping for now just in case I don't bond with the BMW. Its my first bike from the brand. Happy days!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts