BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020, RnineT/5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone. Pleased to join you. I’m a middle aged family man living in the greater Toronto area. I had the good fortune of acquiring a /5 this spring, it just spoke to me. It was an impulse purchase that was not discussed with the Mrs. I blamed COVID and promptly sold my perfectly good Yamaha FJ-09 to make amends. I quickly stumbled on this forum and after lurking for several months have finally taken the membership plunge. Thanks to the site admin and membership as the wealth of information contained here is great.

I‘m a bit of a research nerd and based on information gleaned from this forum I have already installed a Dart Windscreen and had paint protection film applied to the tank and fender. On order is a Wilbers rear shock and stiffer fork springs, I suspect that us North Americans are fatter than our European counterparts.

Regards.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,222 Posts
Congrats on your /5 and welcome to the forum! :)

The /5 is a great looking and very classic looking bike. The local BMW dealer had a couple in stock last summer - a demo and a brand new one. As I was starting to consider the R9T to replace my old VFR I thought of those two for sale, but by the time I decided I was probably going to buy some variant of the R9T both bikes had sold. I love my Pure, but the /5 still turns my head.

·
Administrator
12,502 Posts
Hey welcome mate! :)

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Welcome, nineT /5 is great looking bike.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,659 Posts
Hi again and welcome to the forum. 👋

1 - 12 of 12 Posts