BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Purchased a stock 2016 R9T with 1,800 miles on it for my birthday this year. This week I removed the rear 2nd seat frame, added a roland sands seat with hump, and a GP1 Exhaust. Preview:

Look for me at Cooks Corner in Orange County, Southern California.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Very cool!

SoCal group just had a meet up and a bunch of us were there. Fun group and lots of bikes with really cool mods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I chose the name ascot as my dad used to take me to Ascot raceway in Los Angeles, CA. back in the 80s. It's where I fell in love with the smell of gas and anything on two wheels.

@Mutlu let me know when you guys meet up again. Would love to join you.

I'll be active over the next few months feeding this R9T addiction.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome! Check out the Southern California region forum for meets and events. I host them monthly and we always get a great turnout.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Milage of new bike, congrats & welcome here

·
Premium Member
BMW RNT Classic; Tuono 1000 R
70 Posts
Epoxy floor "and" a suit or armor? Man I need to step up my garage game!

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,030 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋

·
Administrator
11,643 Posts
Nice bike, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@lap3000 yes and no. With the butter fly still in place, low RPMs make a perfect note.

Blipping the throttle, heaven.

But running anything above 3,000rpm its pretty loud, probably too loud. I'm debating going with a Werkes Exhaust. It will block a little bit of the wheel but it has a db killer and spark arrestor in the pipe. I'm hoping this will be the best solution but I'm going to try both.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice bike beeotch! I have the same pipe but with 'gravel catcher' screen. Exactly the same comment, great sound down low, ear-splitting up high. Any thought on reducing the sound with a homemade baffle?

I changed the pipe out for the look, to show off the single sided swingarm, but didn't intend to go all def-leppard in the process...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks really nice! I'm thinking about encroaching on the wheel a bit and getting A) hanger B) Werkes R9T exhaust

Werkes has a baffle, spark arrestor, etc. I think it is the happy medium.

Next up: New levers and I got a new year set to replace the sponge bob square pants pegs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts