BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My name is Steve, I've just got myself a 66 plate scrambler, after many years of cruisers, Harley, Victory etc, I was recently in Rome and saw loads of RnineTs belting about, when I got back I had a look, and am now living this little beast,
I say little only because after huge cruisers this is a super nimble machine, loving it.

·
Administrator
11,511 Posts
Welcome Steve! I've helped you out and added your location and bike model to your member profile. :)

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,937 Posts
Hi again and welcome to the forum. ?

·
Registered
946 Posts
It’s such a wonderful discovery to find out that HD’s are popular because of advertising and not performance. I’ve actually lost many long time moto friends who ride big Harley’s because they can’t even begin to stay with me on a ride. Your going to start a long time love affair with a German Boxer who’s a Lady in traffic and a Beast on the highway. Nimble, quick and one torquey Bitch in any gear. She’ll purr one minute and growl the next. Welcome to the asylum of Boxer Bone Heads. Some really fine blokes with a world of information to help you master your new girl. Welcome Steve, your among an international group of friends. Make yourself at home Mate. StayUpOn2

·
Registered
376 Posts
Howdy and welcome. It is aVERY useful and friendly forum. I am a relative noob here as well and while I have the 9T Classic in the garage I have yet to ride it as the northeast is doing what the northeast does thsi time of year. A few more weeks and I am off and running! I'll be ready for sure.

I have owned a wide variety of bike style the last 30+ years, most recently an R12GS, making me familiar with the BMW brand, and a 2009 HD Road King just before that. Honestly, I can't bag on HD. I loved that RK. Well built, good looking, solid and fit me beautifully. If not for the rediculous rear exhaust heat and the worst-I-ever-had rear suspension (even after adding an Ohlins) I might still own that one. The GS was awesome in so many ways as well, but ultimately a bit tall and uncomforrable for me no matter what I did. The R9T holds great promise as a bike I iwll like a lot. Time will tell...

Wishing you much joy with yours and enjoy the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts