BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 BMW R nineT Pure
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven years ago I bought a Ducati Hyperstrada, and I still remember the disappointed face of a BMW fan motorcycle buddy. Seven years later (and only 13,000 miles) I got tired of the unreliability of the Ducati, if it was not a sensor, it was a leaking fork seal, clutch wire, it always had "something". And each time the service cost more than 500u$s! Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent bike, just impossible to enjoy with so many little problems.

So three weeks ago I said enough is enough and decided to radically change style and at the same time have something more reliable (not Ducati, something trustworthy that I can always enjoy).

I remember my friend, how happy he is with his R 1200 GS, air-cooled, never an issue besides regular maintenance, and decided to see BMWs. When I saw the nine T Pure I think it was love at first sight, I didn't even ask for a test ride and I traded my Ducati on the spot. There were also other nineT models that were somewhat more beautiful, but much more expensive, but with the "Pure" I could customize it as I wanted. I've already installed a tachometer, head cover guards, saddle-bag, etc. Now I'm looking to buy a more comfortable and brown seat. The possibilities are endless!

Every night I go to my garage and look (admire?) at the bike and think or imagine what I could change to make it look better. I hope it'll pass, don't want my family to think I'm crazy.

While it may not accelerate like the Ducati, it handles much more smoothly and is a pleasure to ride. I couldn't be happier with the change. Better then ever, I found this forum which is a trove of useful information, it already helped me install the rev counter (it took me only an hour!).

See you everybody and stay safe!
Javier

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,954 Posts
Great introduction, Javier! Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
74 Posts
Great to have you here Javier

Every night I go to my garage and look (admire?) at the bike and think or imagine what I could change to make it look better. I hope it'll pass, don't want my family to think I'm crazy.

Javier
Nope. Had my racer since September ‘19 and still go into the garage, just stand an look at it and think about all the mods I want to install

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Welcome Javier

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,539 Posts
Hi again and welcome to the forum. 👋

1 - 7 of 7 Posts