BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
481 - 497 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW r nineT Pure
19 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Interesting but not my cup of tea. The Chopper style just doesn’t interest me as to look at as compared to the Cafe Racer style.

·
Administrator
13,407 Posts
Nice piece of art but I have to say if I was buying a cruiser style BMW I'd just lightly customise an R18 and be done with it, and yes I know I'm probably totally missing the point! 🤣

Reactions: Norbi

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,286 Posts
While I dp appreciate his fabrication skills, I'm finding it hard to see any resemblance to a nineT! o_O

As said: "He retained the Beemer’s rear brake mechanism, drivetrain, and the 1,170cc boxer-twin engine, but everything else was promptly discarded."

And he pulled apart a brand new Racer just for those bits. Surely any BMW 1200 variant would have done the same job.

·
Registered
2021 BMW r nineT Pure
19 Posts
While I dp appreciate his fabrication skills, I'm finding it hard to see any resemblance to a nineT! o_O

As said: "He retained the Beemer’s rear brake mechanism, drivetrain, and the 1,170cc boxer-twin engine, but everything else was promptly discarded."

And he pulled apart a brand new Racer just for those bits. Surely any BMW 1200 variant would have done the same job.
Great point - a Pure would have been a much better place to start...

Reactions: BMWMG

·
Registered
2018 BMW R NINE T PURE
17 Posts
I'm not a fan of the chopper look. But I do like the look of the R9T with a tail tidy and an exhaust that reveals the single sided swing arm. Something about that makes R9T look mean and aggressive. This is a great page and excellent opportunity to look at some unique mods on the bike!

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,286 Posts
But I do like the look of the R9T with a tail tidy and an exhaust that reveals the single sided swing arm.
But the single sided swing arm is on the right side, with the exhaust on the left, so the exhaust doesn't have anything to do with revealing the single sided swing arm. :unsure:
It is there in plain view on the stock bikes!

·
Registered
2018 BMW R NINE T PURE
17 Posts
But the single sided swing arm is on the right side, with the exhaust on the left, so the exhaust doesn't have anything to do with revealing the single sided swing arm. :unsure:
It is there in plain view on the stock bikes!
I guess I should have added more detail in my comment. Some aftermarket exhausts do a great job at revealing the rear tire of a single sided swing arm bike. By far the r9t is nicest looking bike in my humble opinion.

Happy New Year everyone!

·
Premium Member
490 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
481 - 497 of 497 Posts