BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, I have started the ball rolling with a test ride booked for Saturday on a 9T classic.
I have a 1250 gs that I will be keeping so don’t want to go down the scrambler/ turban route as I think they are in a similar vein, the one I’m testing is new but not sure if the finances will stretch that far as all bikes seem to have risen in price by about a grand lately here in the UK.
I have read a few road test reviews and apart from a little more grunt lower down and a slightly better rear shock and some cosmetic up dates to led lighting, that seems to be all the improvements for the 21 model year,
so I will report back on my thoughts over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
If you will test the bike with pro - dynamic mode, you will love it!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well folks, I have started the ball rolling with a test ride booked for Saturday on a 9T classic.
I have a 1250 gs that I will be keeping so don’t want to go down the scrambler/ turban route as I think they are in a similar vein, the one I’m testing is new but not sure if the finances will stretch that far as all bikes seem to have risen in price by about a grand lately here in the UK.
I have read a few road test reviews and apart from a little more grunt lower down and a slightly better rear shock and some cosmetic up dates to led lighting, that seems to be all the improvements for the 21 model year,
so I will report back on my thoughts over the weekend.
Cornering ABS and cruise control are two not small additions as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a 1250 gs and a 2014 9t classic and the make a great pair , completely different. The only must have on the 9t is decent after market suspension , trouble is you've been spoilt with the gs suspension.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay guys this is the first time I’ve had time to reply to my test ride thread.
So I took out the demo R9T classic last weekend in the persisting rain I may add.
I must admit I really enjoyed the bike but felt a little to leaned over the front and the knee angle was a little tight, so after an hour and a half ride I returned the bike however as I was waiting to speak to the sales person I saw a Kalamata scrambler, with gold wheels and comfort pack, anyway to cut along story short I’ve bought a 2021 with 550 miles on the clock, pickup next weekend.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,773 Posts
Okay guys this is the first time I’ve had time to reply to my test ride thread.
So I took out the demo R9T classic last weekend in the persisting rain I may add.
I must admit I really enjoyed the bike but felt a little to leaned over the front and the knee angle was a little tight, so after an hour and a half ride I returned the bike however as I was waiting to speak to the sales person I saw a Kalamata scrambler, with gold wheels and comfort pack, anyway to cut along story short I’ve bought a 2021 with 550 miles on the clock, pickup next weekend.
Sweet! I bet you'll love it. Congrats!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys, well the scrambler sale fell through, I traveled a couple of hours north of my house yesterday morning to look at a 21 kalamata when I arrived the bike was in the showroom and I spent a few minutes checking it out. I was very disappointed as the bike was very dirty with dry muck on the gold wheels and frame the complete exhaust seemed to have some strange discolouration not just the usual heat marks, I asked for a test ride put the key in and it wouldn’t start, the salesman took it away for a couple of minuets and returned with it running I then did the test ride for an hour and it ran fine, however all the way round the test ride I couldn’t get out my mind that the whole experience had pissed me off to the extent I couldn’t complete the sale.
I used to run my own roofing company for over 35 years and in that time you learn that presentation is high on the list if you expect to keep customers happy and get payed for the job but some bike shops don’t really understand this and just think they can punt anything out the door without the proper attention to detail.
Sorry for the rant but they just lost a sale due to incompetence. ☹

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,773 Posts
Sorry for the negative experience there, @Briggs . I know when I'm buying a new or used vehicle, something I plan to enjoy for years to come, I want the whole experience to be great, even fun if possible. Sounds like they took the wind out of your sails. Hopefully the next experience is better! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for the negative experience there, @Briggs . I know when I'm buying a new or used vehicle, something I plan to enjoy for years to come, I want the whole experience to be great, even fun if possible. Sounds like they took the wind out of your sails. Hopefully the next experience is better! :)
Hi Tim, Thanks for the reply, yeah that’s exactly what they did, but it’s their loss as I’ve just ordered a new UGS from another dealer, see new post 😁

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Guess I'm the odd man out.
I have zero complaints with mine.
No, your not odd man Fmdualexhaust, …our or I am too, so two makes it even, I also have no complaints. I didn’t buy an easy bike…(easy meaning comfortable)…I bought a beautiful torque monster that’s a rump thumper spartan bike. It requires both hands and a focused determination to ride and master the power….but then she (Blitz) rewards you with a broad power curve … a wonderful rumbling thunder and a visceral feel of the pavement at any speed …and the whole time I’m sitting on a degree of dependability better than any other bike I’ve ridden. It’s nothing to ton-up in a few hundred feet. In my history of motorcycles… maintaining this machine is so simple. If the shoe fits……..
People buy into motorcycling and into a brand and model with some degree of expectations. Some are going to be well suited and others complete misfits. Some will find perfect equity as though the bike was made for them and they won’t ever change a thing. Well I’ve got a few things I’d change…. but by far it’s made for me. …….Blitz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts