BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'm in University Circle (Cleveland) and look forward to riding with you, VariableResistor (VR, I need to rediscover that route we used last time) and others in good weather this year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I guess there are a few folks still paying attention to this thread so that's good. I typically ride towards the southern part of the state where there is less traffic and better twisties.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
If anyone is interested in a Rizoma windscreen send me a note. I took the one that came on my bike off as I prefer the styling of the bike naked. I have all the hardware but need your tripe clamp bolts as the original owner did not include them. Screen has less than 800 miles on it at the most and is in mint condition. $150 picked up plus your OEM bolts...

Jon

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If anyone is interested in a Rizoma windscreen send me a note. I took the one that came on my bike off as I prefer the styling of the bike naked. I have all the hardware but need your tripe clamp bolts as the original owner did not include them. Screen has less than 800 miles on it at the most and is in mint condition. $150 picked up plus your OEM bolts...

Jon
Thanks for the offer, Jon, but I just got a dirt bike and my budget for 2016 mods to my R Nine T has evaporated. It'd be fun to ride somewhere east and south. VariableResistor and I did a nice ride once. But for that the weather needs to be way better than this weekend. Stay in touch. I monitor this site just about everyday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the offer, Jon, but I just got a dirt bike and my budget for 2016 mods to my R Nine T has evaporated. It'd be fun to ride somewhere east and south. VariableResistor and I did a nice ride once. But for that the weather needs to be way better than this weekend. Stay in touch. I monitor this site just about everyday.
What kind of dirtbike did you get? I have a few dirt bikes and several dual sports in addition to the 9T. Recently I picked up an older Sherco trials bike and have been learning some new skills.

As for 9T rides anytime. I have a good friend who just picked up a Grisso and another friend who recently got a very low mileage Thruxton. We are going to have a little roadster shootout one of these days.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a good friend who just picked up a Grisso and another friend who recently got a very low mileage Thruxton. We are going to have a little roadster shootout one of these days.
Excellent!
I would love to be around for that.
As to your original (generous) offer, I have the rizoma flyscreen mounted.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I got a KTM 350 EXC-F and plan on finding good enduro places around with a friend (who has a trailer). Where do you go? I wanted something light as a change from the NineT that allows me to go out on rides more often. Let's set up a ride when the weather gets nice, maybe in early May. I have a ton of travel this month. VariableResistor, I would love to catch up with you again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 350 EXCF as well, you'll love it. I ride at Crow Canyon, Bear Creek, Allegheny National Forest, Michigan, etc and do the occasional dual sport/ enduro. I also just ride it on the street from time to time. Plenty reliable.

I am competing in my first trials event at Southington Offroad Park on the 23rd and 24th but after that I will have plenty of time to ride street or offroad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am planning on street riding this weekend. Debating on taking out either the GSA or the 9T on Saturday. Anyone up for an early start and long (few hundred mile) ride?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ducati demos at Northern Ohio Ducati this coming Friday through Sunday. I'll also probably ride for a few hours one day this coming weekend.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Be careful of that place...I took my perfectly running, pristine Duc ST3 in for the 6k service and got back a destroyed top end on the rear cylinder. The service manager told me that all they did was change the oil, LOL.

Which is why I'm now looking at BMW's, LOL.

Steve

Ducati demos at Northern Ohio Ducati this coming Friday through Sunday. I'll also probably ride for a few hours one day this coming weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Be careful of that place...I took my perfectly running, pristine Duc ST3 in for the 6k service and got back a destroyed top end on the rear cylinder. The service manager told me that all they did was change the oil, LOL.

Which is why I'm now looking at BMW's, LOL.

Steve
Oh I just like to ride them, I'm not buying anything. :) The only things Italian in my garage are a Guzzi and a vintage Vespa. Then there are the 3 German's, an Austrian, a Spaniard and one of Japan's finest.

Although I thought they had a good reputation as far as Ducati's go from what other have said. Either way, buy a Beemer. They last forever, have great resale and are easy to work on. Some are even fast....

·
Registered
53 Posts
I also heard they were great - and since the only other duc dealer in town closed - I had to try them out. At any rate, I was ready to buy a new Monster but not after what they did to my ST3. Broke my heart, that bike was like brand new. They did lose their best mechanic who went to Cleveland Cycle Werks. Oh well - it's Beemer time.

Steve

Oh I just like to ride them, I'm not buying anything. :) The only things Italian in my garage are a Guzzi and a vintage Vespa. Then there are the 3 German's, an Austrian, a Spaniard and one of Japan's finest.

Although I thought they had a good reputation as far as Ducati's go from what other have said. Either way, buy a Beemer. They last forever, have great resale and are easy to work on. Some are even fast....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hi Jon,

If I don't make it to the BSA on Saturday, I'd be game for a nine T ride. Will let you know what/when I decide.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
240 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here. I live in Portage County, and bought a new 2020 Pure a couple months ago. Hoping to meet up and ride with some other local R9T owners sometime, maybe before winter hits and my riding season ends, or next spring for sure.

This is actually the only pic I have of my R9T anywhere local to NE Ohio. Taken last month at Atwood Lake, just of OH Route 212 during my first sporty ride on the new bike!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts