BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R Nine T Classic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone having any delays on parts from NN's at the moment? I have an order placed last week that still hasn't turned up, I was under the impression they deliver in three days.
Its a shame because my bike is waiting at the dealers for parts and this is the only thing stopping me from getting the bike. I know I could have fitted said parts, but this was part of the agreement I had with the dealers when i bought the bike.

·
Administrator
12,545 Posts
Have you tried contacting them?

·
Registered
2021 R Nine T Classic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried contacting them?
because it was ordered through dealers I have to go through them I've asked them to follow it up. On reflection probably better if I'd ordered and had it sent there, but hindsight is a wonderful thing at times. I've just got to be patient, but unfortunately the unusually warm weather makes me want to get out on bike more and more.

·
Administrator
12,545 Posts
Completely understandable, however there is always a chance your dealer was a bit slow off the blocks in ordering the stuff from NN. Any time I've ordered from NN the stuff has always arrived quickly. Throw in the covid situation and that muddies the water further... Hope the stuff arrives soon! :)

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,310 Posts
I would press the dealer for information and an estimated delivery date. I don't know what parts you're waiting on, but if it's going to be more than another couple weeks to get those parts, I'd ask the dealer to finish prepping the bike as-is so you can go out and enjoy it. Then when the parts arrive, take the bike back and have them installed. By that point you might also be due for your first service. If you're having the dealer shop do that, they can service the bike and install the parts during the same appointment.

·
Registered
2021 R Nine T Classic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would press the dealer for information and an estimated delivery date. I don't know what parts you're waiting on, but if it's going to be more than another couple weeks to get those parts, I'd ask the dealer to finish prepping the bike as-is so you can go out and enjoy it. Then when the parts arrive, take the bike back and have them installed. By that point you might also be due for your first service. If you're having the dealer shop do that, they can service the bike and install the parts during the same appointment.
Tim, I have pressed the dealer to chase it up, It certainly won't be going on for weeks I can assure you, If they've not arrived by next week, I'm taking the bike to enjoy, that's already been agreed as a back up get the parts fitted when the service is due.

·
Registered
2021 R Nine T Classic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Completely understandable, however there is always a chance your dealer was a bit slow off the blocks in ordering the stuff from NN. Any time I've ordered from NN the stuff has always arrived quickly. Throw in the covid situation and that muddies the water further... Hope the stuff arrives soon! :)
As you say, its possible the order wasn't put in when I thought it had, I've asked them to chase it up, but as a back up, if it hasn't arrived in the next few days, I will take the bike and sort the parts out later. Of course with Covid and the 'ping problems we currently have that could slow things down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts