BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i have a 2018 scrambler and no switch on my handlebar for ABS
i ride on trails sometimes and i would know if someone have an alternative solution to switch off ABS
thx and sorry for my english

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,272 Posts
You can add it to the bike you have to go to the dealer.
It will require a new switch housing and they will have to flash the software.

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,272 Posts
It might be a two for one like if0rg0t2remember said. I had it done to my bike at a discount I think i got both. I can tell you an about an hour. Its pricey though.

·
Registered
2017 R Nine T Scrambler
479 Posts
I know of someone who installed a used switch housing with the ABS switch, it allowed him to turn off his ABS, without ever going to the dealer, or having the traction control added. It's just a switch you need to add, so you could order a new switch, or find a used one somewhere.

If you only want to be able to turn off ABS, there is no need to have it flashed at the dealer. If you want to have Traction Control added, then you must have it flashed.

Reactions: Baloo

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,272 Posts
T
I know of someone who installed a used switch housing with the ABS switch, it allowed him to turn off his ABS, without ever going to the dealer, or having the traction control added. It's just a switch you need to add, so you could order a new switch, or find a used one somewhere.

If you only want to be able to turn off ABS, there is no need to have it flashed at the dealer. If you want to have Traction Control added, then you must have it flashed.
That's magic!! Great info.

·
Registered
2017 R Nine T Scrambler
479 Posts
T

That's magic!! Great info.

If you ask a BMW Tech, or any dealer, they will tell you it must be flashed, this is not actually true. I was seriously concerned I was going to get a bunch of flack for saying the dealers don't know this info, and won't tell you, or agree even if it's shown to them. I know of two different people who have just added the switch and bam, ABS can be turned off.

Reactions: Baloo

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,272 Posts
If you ask a BMW Tech, or any dealer, they will tell you it must be flashed, this is not actually true. I was seriously concerned I was going to get a bunch of flack for saying the dealers don't know this info, and won't tell you, or agree even if it's shown to them. I know of two different people who have just added the switch and bam, ABS can be turned off.
That's great! I got the flash for a little bit more than the cost of the part because they were wondering why there was no ABS on my bike too.
But they definitely told me that I needed to have it flashed. Not having the traction control is not as big to me as being able to turn off the ABS. That's a good resource and a great tip thanks for sharing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts