BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the October Bike of the Month Competition!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Helmet Motorcycle

Congratulations to our September winner @DomNineT

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second vehicle that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought this bike about one month ago. Used bike with only 1800km on clock.

So far I have not done myself any modifications, but I feel a bit cramped on my knees. So during winter I plan to send my seat to saddle store and ask them to make the seat 4-5cm higher and maybe make it a bit wider on front area, also add gel.

Plan also to raise handlebar and bring it back and lower footpegs.

Suspension and panniers are also on list.

I have had the bike only short time so no epic trips yet, but I really like the bike a lot and plan to visit Hammerfest next year and ride some other trips as well.

I like the character and looks of boxer engine. I also like that there is no buffeting at all and the fact that there are not too many bikes like this in Finland. (Dealer was estimating that only two bikes of 40 year edition are on Finland). Dont know if he is right or wrong but I really like this bike.
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Plant community
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Sorry I've just had it pointed out I should have posted in this thread........

So this has taken far longer than I expected, I wanted to create something closer to an HP2 Enduro but with the modern engineering of the R9T, I love a tall bike and the R9T is not that, so I had to work on the suspension and now I'm on tiptoes, I have tried to save as much weight as possible to make it more nimble, including replacing the Fuel Tank for an Aluminium one from an early model, haven't weighed it yet but I have lots of weight savings, here is what has been replaced.

Ohlins Forks
Longer R1200GS shock
Adjustable rear arm
One off Billet yokes
Aluminium fuel tank
Bash plate
Barkbuster Guards
Crash Bars
Oil Cooler Protector
Swivel Enduro footpegs
Wunderlich Enduro rear guard
K and N filter fit , airbox junked
One off Akrapovic twin pipe system full titanium
Footpegs lowered
Custom paint by Roosters Voodoo Paintshop
Custom Seat extended
Bike has been Flashed/remapped by Dynotech Performance to deal with K and N's and exhaust, top job improved Torque and HP with smoother drive
Black anodizing of many parts adds to Enduro look
Still waiting for new intake covers will be replaced as soon as they turns up.

I'm sure there is more but I'm just pleased to have finished it.

Sound is incredible,

Many thanks to all the members on here for advice and encouragement, especial thanks to Los Vagabundos who helped to design the paint scheme.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts