BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks speedm, are those the stainless headers in your photo? I was wondering how the stainless blues? I did notice significate price difference versus titanium Do you have to polish often ?
that photo is with the stock headers, the one below shows the stainless, which turns more of a bronze color, as opposed to the blue of titanium. i went with the stainless as the weight difference is minimal, price is much better and i'm not really a fan of blue pipes.

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
181 Posts
That stainless pipe looks okay, is that stock finish and how old is it ? I also like the price lots better versus the titanium. I just don't like the stock chrome at all

·
Registered
131 Posts
That stainless pipe looks okay, is that stock finish and how old is it ? I also like the price lots better versus the titanium. I just don't like the stock chrome at all
that was about 300 mi after installation. it's more bronze/brown at the beginning of the header now. no complaints from me, but if you like the look of ti, go for it.

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
181 Posts
Hey thanks for the information it helps as I am leaning toward stainless also. The price difference between the two is hard to overlook. I contacted a couple makers about coating black and was told it would void any warranty. So it's gonna be stainless

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
181 Posts
I became tired of shopping, Purchased Akrapovic titanium decat header. It was a simple install along with flapper valve delete and sounds amazing. After installing I wiped down with lacquer thinner and dried to clean all oils and hand prints. It is already turning a beautiful blue color. I haven't been on highway yet as its been rainy and cold here in Michigan. They say we will get warmer this weekend, I hope as I must test. The midrange seems a lot cleaner and more responsive with stock dual can.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts