BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts

·
Administrator
13,656 Posts
Hi Jeff, yeah Captain Search has spoken and he's absolutely correct. :)

The search tool can take a bit of getting used to, but once you master it (like our friend @Karamazov here) the wonders of this great 9T community will open their doors wide to you.

I personally recommend replacing the clamp sections with parts from the new R1200RS/RT.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I managed to use rizoma pc010 plugs. Came with their universal mirror adapters, bs711b.

Sent from my Z813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 R nine T Scrambler
13 Posts
I got my R nine T scramble last year and bought some bar end mirrors I installed this spring. Near impossible to find a decent solution to plug the OEM mirror threads... Until I found this! See pictures!
$10CAD at Napa! I kid you not! And it looks "factory"! Just need to shorten the stem by half and sand just a hair to reduce the stem section et voila!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I got my R nine T scramble last year and bought some bar end mirrors I installed this spring. Near impossible to find a decent solution to plug the OEM mirror threads... Until I found this! See pictures!
$10CAD at Napa! I kid you not! And it looks "factory"! Just need to shorten the stem by half and sand just a hair to reduce the stem section et voila! View attachment 142260 View attachment 142261
Hi, the Racer non mirror boss clamps also fit.

I've attached first three pics showing the Pure & Racer clamps which are interchangeable 2017 or later bikes.
The earlier Classic clamp pre 17 has bolt holes that are closer to each other and the Racer clamp will not be suitable for pre 17 classics but should be for post 17 classics. Last pic

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 R nine T Scrambler
13 Posts
Hi, the Racer non mirror boss clamps also fit.

I've attached first three pics showing the Pure & Racer clamps which are interchangeable 2017 or later bikes.
The earlier Classic clamp pre 17 has bolt holes that are closer to each other and the Racer clamp will not be suitable for pre 17 classics but should be for post 17 classics. Last pic
That's a pretty cool solution! I did not even know the part existed.
There you go Dominic! That is even a more elegant solution!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Unfortunately I’ve got a pre “17 classic.

I found the DK design clamps though!

Hi Dominic, I don't think these will fit your application if they were suitable for a Scrambler.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Beautiful,

I’m off to Napa tomorrow! Thanks!

$10CAD at Napa! I kid you not! And it looks "factory"! Just need to shorten the stem by half and sand just a hair to reduce the stem section et voila! View attachment 142260 View attachment 142261

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just waiting on delivery of a 719 classic and was looking to see where I can get some mirror plugs as I am fitting bar end mirrors. I have only found some through unit garage in the UK which are a little pricy. does any one know if they are available in aus

1 - 20 of 33 Posts