BMW NineT Forum banner

Opinions onTransitions Photochromic Visors

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Baloo 
#1 ·
I've got three Shoei helmets which are two Neotec II and a RF-1200. The drop down sun visors on the Neotech are helpful when riding during sunrise and sunset. Unfortunately, the RF-1200 doesn't have a drop down sun visor. Since I don't like wearing sunglasses I am considering a transitions photochromic visor for the RF-1200.

Any thoughts or reviews from users of transition visors. By the way, are they dark enough for direct sunlight during sunrise & sunset?

Thanks,

#8 ·
Purchased the Shoei visor this Saturday. Had some bonus dollars from the dealer so it didn't cost list price. Tried it out Sunday, (not on the bike) in the sunny afternoon weather and it worked very well. Plus it looks stylish on my solid yellow Shoei RF-1200. Actually if you don't mind me saying, FABULOUS!!! :cool:

#12 ·
I know you're not supposed to use plexus or anything on the pin lock insert. Just water well that's what I was advised to use. So maybe the same on your transition. I've always found that for the bug sugar. A microfiber cloth soaked in warm water and let it rest for a few minutes.

i'm pretty sure the manufacturer of that face shield has a suggestions.

#18 ·
Folks I forgot about this thread so I would like to do an update. I am very happy with this visor. The tint adapts to brightness that is not to light or dark for me. This piece of equipment is a game changer for me in an important way. I was carrying eye drops because my eyes would sometimes get dry and sting to a level of painful discomfort. To my surprise when using the visor I have not had that issue. Granted the price of the visor is expensive but it has eliminated an annoying condition. Worth every penny to me. 😎

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.