BMW NineT Forum banner

Option 719 Racer Rearsets

10K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Vectorbug 
#1 ·
Rearsets and levers just arrived in the mail today. Quality milling and craftsmanship.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
@Flyingchappy Congrats! They look great! I am now considering buying exactly what you bought. Where did you find them online? Having trouble finding a way to look at the items individually.

Or maybe I should just wait til a bunch of 2019ers start selling them...? Seems unlikely someone would pay for those options then go after-market, but ya never know...

#4 ·
@Flyingchappy The Option 719 hardware really is astoundingly beautiful! That is literally the only thing I would do differently if I could go back. I would have ordered my bike with all of the Option 719 goodies. The clear anodized, grey variety as you have is perfect! Congrats, and I can't wait to see this on your bike!

#5 ·
Some research and patience was needed to get these rearsets. My motivation was initiated by the adjustability and then of course the CNC beauty. I’m a sucker for this stuff. The levers were in alignment, as far as pricing, with other highend manufacturers. There’re websites out there that are off the charts on pricing. The rearsets on the other hand were more expensive than I care to admit. I was told by my local Indy that the pricing for these 719 bits will drop sometime this year for the US market. Being my impulsive self along with questioning the validity of this information I couldn’t wait another year to replace the inadequate rearsets on my racer. So, I compromised on the pricing that others would say I was insane to do. Shipping from Germany and the added customs tag was over 100€. The option 719 package on a new bike would add about $3K to the price for all the bits including the cylinder head covers, seat frame triangle and reservoir lids if ordered at sale. I paid about half that for what you see. Not cost effective by any means but it makes me smile when I look at it and that’s what makes it all worthwhile.
There are three versions of the Option 719, Club Sport, Storm, and Classic. I opted for the Classic anodizing. Mostly silver and frame mount steel gray. The Storm coloring is much darker in color and the Club-Sport is black with gold highlights.
I sourced my parts from kfm-Motorräder.de. No affiliation, yada-Yada.

#7 ·
My Racer came with the full Option 719 "Storm" kit on it, high quality stuff. My only complaint is that the toe peg on the shifter is really tiny so I'm seemingly shifting up with just the very inside edge of my boot. It could stand to be another 1/2" longer. It wouldn't hurt if the brake peg was lengthened a similar amount as well.

I'm presuming this was a cornering clearance decision?

#8 ·
I got the 719 club sport rearsets and they want to charge me $155 to mount them. Any challenged getting them mounted? Did you need any extra bolts to get? They say I'll need 2 for the break side, looks to me like I might be able to reuse the ones from the original.

Also, I'm not sure how I'd deal with the one circled in the picture. I doesn't look like a hex from what I could tell.

Attachments

#16 ·

Approx $700usd, they have 3 color options. Good site, I recently ordered my oem solo seat and rack from them, needed to make a change to the order and they were on it. Shipping time was very reasonable all things considered.

#15 ·
They’re delivered with the pegs in the Sam position as the originals. They rotate 360 degrees and give about 20mm adjustment depending on the degree of movement. The gear and brake pedal are also adjustable to suit. They’re beautifully made and look great. More importantly they allow your feet more movement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.