BMW NineT Forum banner

OZ Delivery Update

25K views 121 replies 25 participants last post by  Silverbodgie 
#1 ·
Hi, got a broadcast email today from BMW Motorrad Australia this afternoon (not from my dealer) amongst other things it says:
"We just wanted to let you know we’ve got four new models arriving in dealerships this month and we’re very excited to show them off.

The water-cooled R 1200 RT and R 1200 GS Adventure are now available for test rides, while the two new roadsters – S 1000 R and R nineT – will arrive in stores from March 22.

See below for more information about these models, why not book in for a test ride and be one of the first to see how well they perform."

And specifically on NineT:
"Sometimes less is more, the feeling a bike can give you just feels right.

It’s everything a classic should be and more. The new BMW R nineT combines stunning looks, powerful performance and a throttle that never fails to deliver.

Every detail of the motorcycle draws the eye, and practically every detail can be personalised, which makes it perfect for riders who like to do things differently.

With a sophisticated adjustable rear frame and extensive customisation options, the R nineT is a machine with a personality.

Available at your BMW Motorrad dealer from 22 March."

With a button to book a test ride - I would just like to get the bike I have a deposit down on - the bike lol !

See less See more
Discussion starter · #10 ·
Thanks. 9tee and Marc. I concur Marc. It's kinda exciting and frustrating simultaneously having the deposit down, sold my existing BMW and getting so excited about when to pick it up Znd pay which will be the first time I see it ..
And 9tee to be fair the expectation set with me back in October was late march early April but with other bikes on the road get a bit exited lol

Discussion starter · #12 ·
9TEE, there is a MotorcycleNews You Tube review of the NINET launch in Mallorca (from Jan is my recollection) on this forum, as part of the review towards the end the journalist says all 2014 stock sold out and BMW employees need to wait to 2015 to purchase is my clear recollection.

And a quick question from me pls:
Do you know if the bikes for OZ at towards end of this month, are like the pic on the BMW Aus website or like the ones we are seeing on here for our US freinds - that is what tail light configuration are we getting US or European. I vote European of course !!!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
That's beaut news that we get the Euro tail light ... another question answered ... Now just o get the bike ... You have first oz pic and huntsman has a vin so baby steps are turning o Leaps me thinks or mayb just hopes lol

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Hi, that late lol !
Actually, I getting mine from City Coast at Wollongong, I am on the South side of Sydney and have been doing stuff with them for about 10 years ... I have my deposit down, but no confirmation of pick up timing as yet btw
But once we both have em how about a ride somewheree one day !

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Sounds g8 - I like the run Hartley, Hampton, Oberon, shooters hill, taralga a blast we could meet at Windsor or Richmond and go up bells line of road
Anyways need a bike first but yes keen to do that or something like that

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Good news for Tassie!!

Called my dealer , yep, struth! the bike just rocked up this morning at the dealership in Launceston, they're opening the crate at the moment! YAY!

Saturday morning would be the earliest I could pick it up ...... they have 8 bikes to get ready and are only a small dealer (Tassie's only BMW Motorbike dealer) ... we'll see how that's gonna work out ....

.... but HEY, it's here!!! :D:D
Go Tassie Go thats great news...and for the captain in Adelaide ... Saturday Saturday !

Discussion starter · #50 ·
The energy is raw .... noice
Well after five months thats a thrill to head up that way and back ....won't be long and a few of us other down under dudes will be also getting to experience energy is raw - woo hoo !

Discussion starter · #61 ·
And hu batman the best laid plans of mice and men for first service and the laundry list of improvements judging by what I just read good stuff ... Makes my take as it easy for a bit look a bit light lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.