BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1315 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hepco & Becker seem to be on top of things. Let's wait and see...

Hepco&Becker Packende Ideen
I've received some emails regarding the C-Bow system and they said i can post the photos here.

Weight Limit is 5kg per side.

I'm looking forward to trying this system out.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've received some emails regarding the C-Bow system and they said i can post the photos here.

Weight Limit is 5kg per side.

I'm looking forward to trying this system out.
Good stuff Cross9T! Looks like a good option for some 2-up riding.

Let's hope it will be easy to mount and remove the C-Bow contraption on the bike, looks butt ugly whithout the luggage :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good stuff Cross9T! Looks like a good option for some 2-up riding.

Let's hope it will be easy to mount and remove the C-Bow contraption on the bike, looks butt ugly whithout the luggage :eek:
Haha, it looks like 4 bolts to take it on/off. Looks like 5 minutes max!

I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
The Kriega Overland 30 panniers came today and fit the ninet perfectly. :D
Very secure with no issues with exhaust clearance or anywhere else. Being able to mount them low and forward they will help keep the handling while loaded up much better. I'm looking forward to getting Lost on this bike!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Nicely done Finn.
Packed like a pro.
Have a great time!

Ps: Don't forget about us... Need pics!!!

Reactions: Lost Rider

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,103 Posts
Very secure with no issues with exhaust clearance or anywhere else. Being able to mount them low and forward they will help keep the handling while loaded up much better. I'm looking forward to getting Lost on this bike!
Hi Lost, looks like a nice tight package. :)
Could you please explain the mounting hardware for these, and actually how the packs attach? (Possible a couple of close-up pics?)
Are they easy to remove and/or get into while mounted?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the writeup! Would it be possible to clip/loop the Overlander 30 top mounts directly into the BMW tiedown points under the subframe? They seem like they'd maintain geometry without needing to drill the fender for the Kriega "buttons."

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thanks for the writeup! Would it be possible to clip/loop the Overlander 30 top mounts directly into the BMW tiedown points under the subframe? They seem like they'd maintain geometry without needing to drill the fender for the Kriega "buttons."

I would think so, you're right the location seems like it should work just the same. You'd need to find or make a couple of very short, like 3" nylon loops, or runners to choke on the frame mounts, for the Kreiga S-thingies to clamp into.

Here's a few more photos of how it's secured to the bike, they bags come off and on pretty easily and quickly, maybe 3 minutes and once I do it more it will get faster.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Anyone looking for more tank bag option I can confirm that the Givi Quicklock tank bags do indeed work on the NineT.
You need to get the BF06 Flange made for the 2011+ R1200R.

This is the Givi 3D603 Tanklock Tankbag shown on my bike, lots of other options, I thought this one would be best suited for what we need.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would think so, you're right the location seems like it should work just the same. You'd need to find or make a couple of very short, like 3" nylon loops, or runners to choke on the frame mounts, for the Kreiga S-thingies to clamp into.

Here's a few more photos of how it's secured to the bike, they bags come off and on pretty easily and quickly, maybe 3 minutes and once I do it more it will get faster.
Excellent! Thanks for the details.

Looked like it would work, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. I have some straps and hardware from other Kriega bags... May just have to order the Overlander and do some experimenting!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Anyone looking for more tank bag option I can confirm that the Givi Quicklock tank bags do indeed work on the NineT.
You need to get the BF06 Flange made for the 2011+ R1200R.

This is the Givi 3D603 Tanklock Tankbag shown on my bike, lots of other options, I thought this one would be best suited for what we need.

Hey Lost, do you have a shot of what the adapter looks like installed without the bag fitted please?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Sorry, I do not. I'm far from home working currently, after I
mounted it, nancy really liked it so I put it on her 1200R.
The HPRC case went back on mine.
I can snap a photo next week, I bet a goggle search could spy you one too if you don't want to wait.

I like the givi bag much more than the SW motech offerings, but honestly the SW Motech mount is better in looks and function.

It's good to have options though and both mounts for the current r1200r do work.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,103 Posts
Hey Lost, do you have a shot of what the adapter looks like installed without the bag fitted please?
I have the GIVI T480 Tanklock Tank Bag with the quicklock system flange.:p

The only gripe is how far forward it sits, and it is adjusted as far back on the mount as possible. On the very front of the case is a soft pouch for the rain cover, this is stitched on. To get to the key I have to squish the soft pouch up a bit. If it becomes a long-term hassle, I will just cut off the pouch and put the rain cover in one of the side 'pods'.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
question to jd about kriega

Added a Kreiga US-20 to the tail. Very well made waterproof bag. Plan to add another 1-2 US-10's to the setup for longer trips. When removed, there are just 4 small loops coming out from under the passenger pad. The 4 straps with the hooks store inside the bag.
Hey JD,

just curious if the kreiga 20 is mountable in transverse fashion as well as the longitudinal mounting that you show in your pics.

also, to be clear, it's 4 flat webbing loops, correct? attached to the rear subframe under the passenger seat, yes?

thanks in advance

g

41 - 60 of 1315 Posts