BMW NineT Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
@enzowhatever - I had some Peli's lurking in the basement too....
.... and have mounted them on the Holan Racer pannier racks with some universal 16 mm mountig pucks.
Yes, I know the design fetishists will properly grab for their heart medicine, but I had these floating around and thought why not try to turn the TUrban into a fast moving wardrobe for a change ;-P
In real life the Peli's do not quite dominate sooo much as they do seem to on the images (how is that for a feeble excuse ?!).
The elephant ears are from GIVI and are a real life safer in these winterly temperatures. It does not look like it, but the garage was at 2°C at 11:00 this morning.
For the 1550 on the right I even have a Caribou inner bag from when I used them on another bike. The sand coloured 1510 had to loose its roller back side. In black it would have problably be a little less upsetting to the sensitive eye, but sand was what I had..... Painting will probably not work particularily well on the PP material of the 1510.
Hmmm maybe there is a way to create even more real estate with the second 1550 I have lurking the basement ?!
If anyone wonders about the height of the install - I am scraping some money together to get an upholstered seat. Ideally the top of the Peli's would then be flush with the seat. And this way there is sufficient clearance between the exhaust and the 1510.
regards to all
Bernhard
IMG_20191122_111552.jpg
IMG_20191122_105621.jpg
IMG_20191122_105613.jpg
IMG_20191122_105559.jpg
IMG_20191122_105546.jpg
IMG_20191122_105533.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
I love what you did with those Peli cases. Do you mind sharing details of mounting methods you used?

.... and have mounted them on the Holan Racer pannier racks with some universal 16 mm mountig pucks.
Yes, I know the design fetishists will properly grab for their heart medicine, but I had these floating around and thought why not try to turn the TUrban into a fast moving wardrobe for a change ;-P
In real life the Peli's do not quite dominate sooo much as they do seem to on the images (how is that for a feeble excuse ?!).
The elephant ears are from GIVI and are a real life safer in these winterly temperatures. It does not look like it, but the garage was at 2°C at 11:00 this morning.
For the 1550 on the right I even have a Caribou inner bag from when I used them on another bike. The sand coloured 1510 had to loose its roller back side. In black it would have problably be a little less upsetting to the sensitive eye, but sand was what I had..... Painting will probably not work particularily well on the PP material of the 1510.
Hmmm maybe there is a way to create even more real estate with the second 1550 I have lurking the basement ?!
If anyone wonders about the height of the install - I am scraping some money together to get an upholstered seat. Ideally the top of the Peli's would then be flush with the seat. And this way there is sufficient clearance between the exhaust and the 1510.
regards to all
Bernhard
View attachment 127770 View attachment 127771 View attachment 127772 View attachment 127774 View attachment 127775 View attachment 127776

·
Registered
27 Posts
regards to all
Bernhard
View attachment 127770 View attachment 127771 View attachment 127772 View attachment 127774 View attachment 127775 View attachment 127776
I was planning to get elephant ears as well, but me friend convinced me not to get it because if you drop the bike, your hand gonna stuck inside.

·
Registered
32 Posts
@raceraxe - if you give me some time I'll do some more detail shots. Like the mounting hardware......
https://www.gundgshop.de/english/mountings/
I also reinforced the Peli's on the inside with a sheet of aluminum each 1,5 mm thick 300 x 400 mm for the 1550 and 200 x 400 mm for the 1510. Those I additionally attached to the Peli's with each 6x 4 mm bolts.
The Holan racer pannier racks do not have a superlarge footprint, so I thought a bit of added stability won't hurt.
I'll post more pictures probably on sunday.

@enzowhatever - well, getting your hands "stuck" would then probably be the least of your worries....
The GIVI's have quite a solid/stiff opening and are real easy to slip in an out of. Usually the ears are cumbersome for movements like wiping the visor, adjusting the jacket etc, but those GIVI's, especially mounted over the Touratech handprotectors and additionally fixed with TENAX buttons are really no hinderance.
Years back I did actually tumble with some ears on snow - tons of fun, but I don't recall getting the hands out during the fall to be any issue what-so-ever. The biggest problems during a slow speed tumble, in my experience, is getting the legs out from under the bike. Consiously one appears not to be able to slip the handlebars anyway - the hands rather get torn from the bars during all the unvoluntary acrobatics.
regards

Bernhard

·
Registered
28 Posts
Recieved my Nomada hard cases. Took about 1.5 months from date of order, but it was expected. The cases themselves are very well built, with high quality hardware. It will be nice to have locking/secure storage on the bike.
Can you send me a PM with the company you brought these panniers from please...

·
Registered
32 Posts
@ boxer boy - those Nomada are from www.holan.pl
Their website is a bit confusing, and their response time apparently sometimes somewhat sluggish, but for me everything worked fine with the Racer pannier racks.
They used to fabricate for Touratech of Germany but now only do their own stuff.

But here some more pics of the 1510.....

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Recieved my Nomada hard cases. Took about 1.5 months from date of order, but it was expected. The cases themselves are very well built, with high quality hardware. It will be nice to have locking/secure storage on the bike.
Been in touch with Holan and they are quoting two weeks delivery. Do you know the pannier volume in liters per case?

·
Registered
28 Posts
@ boxer boy - those Nomada are from www.holan.pl
Their website is a bit confusing, and their response time apparently sometimes somewhat sluggish, but for me everything worked fine with the Racer pannier racks.
They used to fabricate for Touratech of Germany but now only do their own stuff.

But here some more pics of the 1510.....
Excellent thanks for the info, they are expensive and not sure if they will hold that much stuff...what do you think?

1121 - 1140 of 1151 Posts