BMW NineT Forum banner

1141 - 1151 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
@boxer boy - well, it all depends how much stuff you want to haul around. I have been known to take a motorcycle trip with a folding kajak on the back, but that was on a FJR 1300....
The HOLAN racer panniers are a bot overpriced for what they offer in terms of capacity, imho.
Different for the Nomada cases though. For capacity I would rather choose those if I wanted to go for aluminum cases.
Personally I prefer softbags and/or Peli's.
I chose the Racer pannier racks because they are unobtrusive, quite sturdy and for their single rider option without interfering with a passenger (w/o the panniers of course).
First I used some Ortlieb office bags (large) which worked well on them, but I decided to give a second life to the Pelicases lurking in my basement.
Have yet to travel with them....

·
Registered
23 Posts
@boxer boy - well, it all depends how much stuff you want to haul around. I have been known to take a motorcycle trip with a folding kajak on the back, but that was on a FJR 1300....
The HOLAN racer panniers are a bot overpriced for what they offer in terms of capacity, imho.
Different for the Nomada cases though. For capacity I would rather choose those if I wanted to go for aluminum cases.
Personally I prefer softbags and/or Peli's.
I chose the Racer pannier racks because they are unobtrusive, quite sturdy and for their single rider option without interfering with a passenger (w/o the panniers of course).
First I used some Ortlieb office bags (large) which worked well on them, but I decided to give a second life to the Pelicases lurking in my basement.
Have yet to travel with them....
I choose the Kriega 36 duo but I decided to send them back because I want something that I don't have to take off every night when I travel...longest travel will be around a week so was hoping the boxes would be good for that with a duffel on top....

·
Registered
20 Posts
2 weeks is good that price did they give for the set?
They list the price on their website. I've not ordered though. I have a motech SLC mount and universal adapter plate coming for my rotopax. I like the look of the racer pannier racks though. Much cleaner looking than the HB's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the Racers are around 14 litres per side based on the quoted dimensions. With a 50 litre soft bag and a tank bag that would be good for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the Racers are around 14 litres per side based on the quoted dimensions. With a 50 litre soft bag and a tank bag that would be good for me.
Cheers for the info ..they are expensive at 900 euros for the set but one off a kind. Not sure I want to stretch but you never know...Would be good to here from someone that's got them installed for a review.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've ordered an SW Moto SLC side carrier. Does anybody know if this in comparable with the Hepco rear racks (minirack or standard)?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am wondering if anyone installed SW-MOTECH SLC side racks with Hepco-Becker rear rack together. I have Hepco Becker rear rack installed. I saw they shared the same location of the bolt, I wished I can keep the bolt from either Hepco or SW-motech when I mount both systems.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have similar question. Is there a clash between HB rack and SLC side carrier. I've looked at photos of both installed separately but it's difficult to tell, especially at the rear of the SLC carrier

1141 - 1151 of 1151 Posts