BMW NineT Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1205 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
@boxer boy - well, it all depends how much stuff you want to haul around. I have been known to take a motorcycle trip with a folding kajak on the back, but that was on a FJR 1300....
The HOLAN racer panniers are a bot overpriced for what they offer in terms of capacity, imho.
Different for the Nomada cases though. For capacity I would rather choose those if I wanted to go for aluminum cases.
Personally I prefer softbags and/or Peli's.
I chose the Racer pannier racks because they are unobtrusive, quite sturdy and for their single rider option without interfering with a passenger (w/o the panniers of course).
First I used some Ortlieb office bags (large) which worked well on them, but I decided to give a second life to the Pelicases lurking in my basement.
Have yet to travel with them....

·
Registered
33 Posts
@boxer boy - well, it all depends how much stuff you want to haul around. I have been known to take a motorcycle trip with a folding kajak on the back, but that was on a FJR 1300....
The HOLAN racer panniers are a bot overpriced for what they offer in terms of capacity, imho.
Different for the Nomada cases though. For capacity I would rather choose those if I wanted to go for aluminum cases.
Personally I prefer softbags and/or Peli's.
I chose the Racer pannier racks because they are unobtrusive, quite sturdy and for their single rider option without interfering with a passenger (w/o the panniers of course).
First I used some Ortlieb office bags (large) which worked well on them, but I decided to give a second life to the Pelicases lurking in my basement.
Have yet to travel with them....
I choose the Kriega 36 duo but I decided to send them back because I want something that I don't have to take off every night when I travel...longest travel will be around a week so was hoping the boxes would be good for that with a duffel on top....

·
Registered
92 Posts
2 weeks is good that price did they give for the set?
They list the price on their website. I've not ordered though. I have a motech SLC mount and universal adapter plate coming for my rotopax. I like the look of the racer pannier racks though. Much cleaner looking than the HB's.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think the Racers are around 14 litres per side based on the quoted dimensions. With a 50 litre soft bag and a tank bag that would be good for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the Racers are around 14 litres per side based on the quoted dimensions. With a 50 litre soft bag and a tank bag that would be good for me.
Cheers for the info ..they are expensive at 900 euros for the set but one off a kind. Not sure I want to stretch but you never know...Would be good to here from someone that's got them installed for a review.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've ordered an SW Moto SLC side carrier. Does anybody know if this in comparable with the Hepco rear racks (minirack or standard)?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am wondering if anyone installed SW-MOTECH SLC side racks with Hepco-Becker rear rack together. I have Hepco Becker rear rack installed. I saw they shared the same location of the bolt, I wished I can keep the bolt from either Hepco or SW-motech when I mount both systems.

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have similar question. Is there a clash between HB rack and SLC side carrier. I've looked at photos of both installed separately but it's difficult to tell, especially at the rear of the SLC carrier

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well, On Another note I just ordered this top case from the web a Moose Racing Top Case
I found them to be the same price range as all the rest oif the brands And sort of quality too.
But there is one person selling this top case for $125.00. and side cases about $135.00 each
So I took a chance

I like the way it sort off blends in. with the bike and I bolted it on to the mini rack that I had I love it so far

IMG_7351.JPG
IMG_7351.JPG IMG_7355.JPG
IMG_7354.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,414 Posts
That looks pretty solid, Bill88
I like that it has plenty of attachment points for adding softbags and stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yet to decide what luggage option to go for, I like Unit Garage but also thinking about a very similar setup Soportes para alforjas BMW R NineT - Negro Satinado . Anyone bought this?

Currently I have H&B rack that I want to keep and from this forum I learned that it fits with Unit Garage support frame and from the look of it same with this one. Also uses same click system so I could still buy the bags from UG. What I like is the 8 kg supported weight.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Getting ready for a long haul all the way from Texas to the coast of Cali then up to Canada and back home again. Four weeks set aside summer of 2020. Anybody want to recommend some indestructible tires ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well, On Another note I just ordered this top case from the web a Moose Racing Top Case
I found them to be the same price range as all the rest oif the brands And sort of quality too.
But there is one person selling this top case for $125.00. and side cases about $135.00 each
So I took a chance

I like the way it sort off blends in. with the bike and I bolted it on to the mini rack that I had I love it so far

View attachment 128176 View attachment 128176 View attachment 128177 View attachment 128176 View attachment 128177 View attachment 128178 View attachment 128178
My new-to-me R9T arrives in Jan 20th. As a not-very-limber 80yo I have difficulty lifting my right leg up and over when mounting/ demounting most bikes: I hope the much lower seat on the R9T will minimise this problem. For the same reason I cannot place bags or any other luggage on the pillion seat when I want to take off for few days. I like the rear carry-rack on this bike pictured as it would remove this issue, since the load is carried far enough rearwards to give me clear room to clamber on and off the rider seat. I'd appreciate any info on source, product name, number, or description, and price. This seems the best option yet to deal with this problem of mine!

Thank you..

Lawrence WATSON - Redland Bay, SE Queensland, Oz

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey Lawrence I fully understand the leg lift issues mate ...
My tent and assorted camping gear is not shown in these Picts but it’s just strapped across what is shown. Also there is a good size tank bag too. (See Picts entered above) I can pack enough clothing and food for easy three day or a very basic five day camping ride before a motel with a hot shower and comfortable bed is required for a night. Then out again for three. I’m 70 ... OK I just grab my pants leg with my hand and lift it over the seat and tank with my arm. Not very graceful but it works for me. Try it. StayUpOn2

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey Lawrence I fully understand the leg lift issues mate ...
My tent and assorted camping gear is not shown in these Picts but it’s just strapped across what is shown. Also there is a good size tank bag too. (See Picts entered above) I can pack enough clothing and food for easy three day or a very basic five day camping ride before a motel with a hot shower and comfortable bed is required for a night. Then out again for three. I’m 70 ... OK I just grab my pants leg with my hand and lift it over the seat and tank with my arm. Not very graceful but it works for me. Try it. StayUpOn2 View attachment 128509
Thanks, schnell! I, too, take hold of the bottom rh cuff of my pants when clambering on - it gathers folks around me for a free show and a good laugh (on other bikes - have not yet got the R9T)!
But annoying to have to do that, which is the reason for looking for a rear-mounted carry-rack - which I think I've found from Ventura, with the added benefit that the larger part of it - the rack itself - comes off when not needed. I don't wish to spoil the minimalistic lines of the R9T with too much clutter. Ventura - L-brackets combined with EvoRack.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am wondering if anyone installed SW-MOTECH SLC side racks with Hepco-Becker rear rack together. I have Hepco Becker rear rack installed. I saw they shared the same location of the bolt, I wished I can keep the bolt from either Hepco or SW-motech when I mount both systems.

Thanks View attachment 127959

I emailed SW Motech and their reply was that they don't produce a compatible rear rack to go with the SLC side carriers and they didn't know if other manufacturers racks would be compatible as they share a common mount.

1141 - 1160 of 1205 Posts