BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1501 - 1520 of 1520 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
After more than seven years, I finally mounted some hard cases.

Plant Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel

I intend to mount a canister to hold a tool kit inboard of the right-side pannier. I'm also thinking of mounting a lid on the center tray for shallow storage with another removable Pelican case attached to that.

It's all a bit on the wide side, and the cases rattle a bit (which I will sort out with an extra rubber washer at the latch point and maybe some neoprene tape).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking to get a rear rack onto my new scrambler to allow me fit my Givi plate and Trekker box for extended travels.
has anyone converted the Hepco & Becker Easy access rack or the Mini rack to fit a Givi top box? If so, is the Mini rack an easy rack to convert with the same strength as the Easy rack

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Scrambler
49 Posts
Looking to get a rear rack onto my new scrambler to allow me fit my Givi plate and Trekker box for extended travels.
has anyone converted the Hepco & Becker Easy access rack or the Mini rack to fit a Givi top box? If so, is the Mini rack an easy rack to convert with the same strength as the Easy rack
Hi!

I did it with my scrambler using the plastic GIVI universal plate. Works well and easy to install but aesthetic.3

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cheers Forest. Think I will get the Unit Garage tail rack with 6 fixing points. It looks a lot beefier than the H & B mini rack. When not using the Givi I will be hauling a full 48 litre Overlander.

bike looks real nice BTW

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cheers Forest. Think I will get the Unit Garage tail rack with 6 fixing points. It looks a lot beefier than the H & B mini rack. When not using the Givi I will be hauling a full 48 litre Overlander.

bike looks real nice BTW
The hepco mini rack matches straight up to the monolock which i have now, or universal monokey plate i initially used for a trekker outback 42 that came from my gs,
i went for the B 33 givi monolock as much lighter build for payload and more proportional,
the minirack has held up well , its within its payload using the b33,
the 42 alloy trekker was 10 .5 kg loaded, didnt know it was there handling wise,
there are some good options for racks, good luck with your search,
post some photos when you have it done,,

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Scrambler
49 Posts
I did a 17100km road trip trough Europe with a givi top case on a HB mini rack and 0 issues !

The HB mini rack is rock solid and looks much more stronger than the Unit one

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did a 17100km road trip trough Europe with a givi top case on a HB mini rack and 0 issues !

The HB mini rack is rock solid and looks much more stronger than the Unit one
I am leaning towards the H&B , from what Forest mentioned in terms of the Givi plate, further research on the Unit Garage top case rack, and your reflections from a trip, I will likely get the H&B mini rack.
I already have a new M9B Givi plate for it.
I did weigh my 46 Litre top case after returning from Spain, it was 24.5 kg. I am not trying that again, a 42 Litre outback trekker and not more than 10.5 kg inside!
Due to collect the bike in a week, then fit it out

·
Registered
568 Posts
This is the set up i have for touring,
its a mix and match depending on how far / long the trip is,
the tent goes on the pillion seat,
the luggage can be be removed and seat hump on in 10 minutes,

View attachment 150044

View attachment 150043
View attachment 150045
View attachment 150046

I like my Ninet because I Iike his soul/character...I am happy riding it every day. Not every bike has soul/character. My Ninet is easy to adapt when Long trip appears...Others bike properer to travel and without soul/character not able to adapt...

Wich windscreen is yours?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I like my Ninet because I Iike his soul/character...I am happy riding it every day. Not every bike has soul/character. My Ninet is easy to adapt when Long trip appears...Others bike properer to travel and without soul/character not able to adapt...

Wich windscreen is yours?

Thanks.
It is a givi A660, does a good job taking the wind blast for sustained speeds,

·
Premium Member
R9teees
666 Posts
Thanks,
I've checked the website and Street Reloaded soft bag set for C-Bow holder - Street RELOADED Softbags - C-Bow Bags - Luggage systems bags got me, however, the prices are a bit out of budget and there must be the higher delivery / shipping charges, as they are from the UK or idk maybe from Germany.
Also found these Viking Extra Large Black Street/Sportbike Saddlebags prices are relatively low. But not sure about the quality and adjustments. If anyone have experience please do recommend me the best one. I've a budget of $200, need the side bags for my next trip, asap!
I use Viking bags. It is an affordable alternative to the variety of soft luggage. It looks like the SW MOTEC stuff. One nice thing about Viking is that it comes with soft throw over saddle bag mounts. You can with a little brain power adapt it to many needs. For under 200 bucks. I will say it’s probably best to get the med size. I find the large tends to touch the swing arm unless careful. I modified one of my bags to make use of an oem BMW hardware from a worn out stock bag.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting

YOU WILL NEED DRY BAGS

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Scrambler
49 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Absolutly not, you need Bumot frame for Bumot panniers.
Ok. But there is not available bumot rack for Ninet. I thought if unit rack is as thicker as bumot then Xtremada saddlebags will probably fit? But I am not sure and I don't know how is diameter of both racks.

Anyway I sent email bumot asking for this. Now waiting answer

·
Registered
2021 BMW r nineT Urban GS
47 Posts
Saddlemen TS3200DE Tactical pretty good fit on the scrambler View attachment 133841
Thanks for sharing this bag, it's becoming my favorite option for my Urban GS. I honestly don't like any solution out there, except for this Saddlemen bag, the SW Motech Pro Tail Bag and the Unit Garage Atlas panniers. My question regarding availability of frames and panniers, both at the dealership and a couple of luggage companies, was met with a "well, the r NineT isn't a popular bike to travel with"....goes along with all the dummies making "review" videos saying the bike is just good enough to go out for coffee on a Sunday morning and back to the garage, it bothers the hell out of me.....

·
Registered
HD Rocker FXCWC; Scrambler due March
321 Posts
Absolutly not, you need Bumot frame for Bumot panniers.
The unit garage rack has a adapter so it can fit "vertical" bags on the exhaust side...

That could work?

1501 - 1520 of 1520 Posts