BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·

·
Registered
442 Posts
I gave up on all this and finally ordered/received a Bursig. I will admit I'm impressed with the quality. I also ordered an adapter for my wife's Diavel. I MAY order one for my R1200RS but it has a center stand and I've been able to do anything I've ever needed to do - pull wheels/forks/whatever - on any bike that comes with a center stand.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts

This is the Anderson Spacesaver rear stand I use.
It allows movement side to side to store the bike away.
It's pretty handy for day to day use, checking oil level, packing luggage, lifting rear seat, adjusting mirrors, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
This is the Anderson Spacesaver rear stand I use.
That is very slick! I planned on getting a Bursig for my Racer, but I noticed that the shift linkage obscures the mounting hole and worry that they won't be able to make an adapter for it.

I like the Bursig because it helps me play musical vehicles in my tight garage. If I can't get one, this Anderson Spacesaver might be a good substitute. I'm afraid to see what it would cost for them to ship one to the US.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I like the Bursig because it helps me play musical vehicles...

I did look into the bursig but decided against it. I think because the set up each time requires some tooling and then hoisting, whereas the Anderson lifts the rear in 2 seconds flat.

You simply slide the cylinder through the back wheel and up you lift with no hydraulics required.

The castor wheels can lock in place.

It seemed the bursig is a more for long term hoisting, for eg storing away for winter, major maintenance, etc..

Anyway that was my reason for getting the Anderson. I use it every day for routine work on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the rear one. Quite nice product. May be overpriced for a stand but it looks good and works fine.
Did you order them online or at a dealer? I am currently located in the Netherlands as well and I am all about supporting local dealers, just couldn't find one which was actually selling them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So guys, I purchased both the front as the rear Wunderlich paddock stand.
While the rear one is perfect I have my doubts about the front one. I already informed my dealer about this and he would ask Wunderlich.

The front paddock stand is higher in one side, which means that when I lift the bike up, it puts the bike in a strange angle leaning over to the left. When I pull the bike straight it leans on only one of the legs.

I mean this can't be correct right?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
constand paddock stand

Just bought the constand bike lift but have a problem. Dont know if I am an idiot or they have a big design problem. Have sent them this.
BMW R Nine T.

I have attempted to make the Constand lift the front wheel off the ground by fitting the adaptor & distance plate in several positions on the lift body.

The only way to get the front wheel off the ground is to fit the adaptor plate to the Constand lift with the inclination adjustor and the 2 locking screws (kit 320317) left loose. (see attached photo).

I then have to insert the lift into the bike frame and raise the back wheel up by pushing down the Constand lever arm. To lift the front wheel, I have to manually fully tighten up the inclination adjustor screw and the “try” to lock the 2 locking screws (kit 320317) whilst the bike is raised.

To remove the lift, I have to lower the bike, manually loosen the locking screws (kit 320317) and the loosen the inclination adjustor to free the stand.
You cannot set up the adaptor plate onto the Constand to enable you to both insert the stand, lift both wheels off the floor, lower the stand & remove the stand.
Either I have the wrong plate or the design of the lifting pin is incorrect.
The lifting pin nylon/plastic head seems to be too large?
The YouTube video link you have sent me, has a completely different type of adaptor plate to the one you have sent me?
Have you actually tried fitting one to a BMW R9T?
If so, & it works, please video it and show me what I am doing wrong, as I believe there is a design fault.
Looking forward to your reply.
Patrick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Well my abba superbike stand arrived at the weekend and it took all of 15 mins to unpack it, assemble it and jack my bike into the air! The stand is very well made and the adapter kit for the R NineT (order the R1200R adapter kit) is nicely engineered and fits fine. You can leave part of the kit bolted to your bike for the quick use of the stand and it doesn't really look out of place where it is down in the swingarm pivot area next to the footrest. Unlike a paddock stand it's very easy to operate with one person and lifts the back of the bike around 7 inches into the air. Putting a scissor or trolley jack under the front of the engine will lift both wheels into the air.

The bike is VERY stable with the stand fitted and I'm delighted with my purchase. Pictures below....

BELOW SHOWS TAPE MEASURE NEXT TO WHEEL SHOWING APPROXIMATE DISTANCE THE REAR WHEEL IS LIFTED IN INCHES AND METRIC CM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread; however, Baldy -- I'm curious how you like this stand now that you've had it for a while? Do you use it for winter storage? If so, how are you getting the front end up? Any tips/tricks/concerns that I should be aware of?

·
Administrator
12,908 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread; however, Baldy -- I'm curious how you like this stand now that you've had it for a while? Do you use it for winter storage? If so, how are you getting the front end up? Any tips/tricks/concerns that I should be aware of?
I have used it for winter storage. Easy to get the front end off the ground, you just need a scissor jack under the front of the engine and up she goes!

For the money it's a versatile and good value stand, IMO.

The stand I have is for a camhead R1200R and it does fit the 9T, but the foot pegs are a tight squeeze, so I use cable tie loops to move the footrests out of the way when lifting the bike. An extra minutes work!

Reactions: MotoGoogler

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I have used it for winter storage. Easy to get the front end off the ground, you just need a scissor jack under the front of the engine and up she goes!

For the money it's a versatile and good value stand, IMO.

The stand I have is for a camhead R1200R and it does fit the 9T, but the foot pegs are a tight squeeze, so I use cable tie loops to move the footrests out of the way when lifting the bike. An extra minutes work!
After I replied I did a little looking around. Initially, I figured I'd have to order direct from Abba across the pond; however, they have a USA site now. What's more is that they have a combo package for just a titch more money that lifts both ends using the Superbike stand and an easy add on:

$255 for the combo is the right price.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts