BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R NineT K21
192 Posts
If you could justify saving $50 from buying cheap stand vs the solid steel tubed Pitbull, more power to you.
Pitbull stands never failed me once. I've been riding motorcycles since 2008
I don't mind spending an extra $50 on a stand. I just don't want to drop $300-500 on the stands that I've seen. If I'm spending that much, then I will just spend the $260 on a center stand.

·
Registered
2015 R NineT K21
192 Posts
Yes, motorcycle center stand. There are lesser expensive alternatives than the Bursig center stand. But I found a good Paddock side stand and pin for under $250. Just ordered through Twisted Throttle.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,662 Posts
Just an update from my posts two months ago about the JMP rear paddock stand I got from Wunderlich America:

There was already a very light layer of rust in a couple places where the paint had scuffed on the stand's bars. I sanded the areas with scuffed paint, touched it up with some black spray paint, then wrapped those areas with some old cloth bicycle handlebar wrap I got from a local bike shop. Should prevent the paint from getting scuffed and the bars from rusting there for years to come.

Also, Wunderlich America answered my email and revised the description for this stand on their website. ;)

101 - 111 of 111 Posts