BMW NineT Forum banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
We’re based around the Mt Equinox area. Agreed, beautiful riding and scenery. I do get this Scrambler dirty on the Forest Service Road network!

·
Registered
197 Posts
My other rusty tank

My first “big” bike was a Ducati 750SS and I recently bought another out of nostalgia. I thought I was just going to ride it........ I made the mistake of picking at a paint bubble on the underside of the tank at which point 2 gallons of fuel emptied itself over the drive.

The pics tell the story, I had it repaired,pressure tested, de-rusted, phosphated and lined at not a small cost but an absolutely fabulous job.

If the weather stays warm I shall be laying some Rosso Red on the tank In the next week then once the frame is back from the powder coaters I can nail it all back together!

Just in time for winter....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
There is something very beautiful about really high quality engineering. And those Triple trees or Yokes as we call them over here are Fabulous.

Thanks custom done for me by Arch Motorcycles wizard on the CNC Mr. Ryan Boyd...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dry build almost complete

Just some wiring and a couple of brackets to sort then drop the engine for belt and shims at Ducati Johns in Leeds and a whole load of polishing before nailing it back together, torquing everything up and it becomes my “ mucking about” bike.

:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
My other half...

Well, i once went down the HD Dyna route and soon grew out of that.... Got rid of it to buy the Urban GS but the other half of my garage has always contained a GSA... Started with an 1150 SE and swore i'd never get rid of it but the urge was too strong and a few years back i bought a new 1200 GSA LC. As soon as i got it i wanted to personalise it so the hideous 1200 graphics on the beak came off and the farkles started.. I'm happy where it is now but considering the new 1250 Rallye seat for it as i think that will set it of nicely... Absolutely love this bike, use it all year round and will always have one in the garage..

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Two new builds, waiting for Spring

Two builds currently in progress. Too icy to bring them outdoors for photos. That's an R Nine T under the blue sheet behind the black bike.

A Ryca cafe racer, made from a Suzuki Savage, and about 75 lbs lighter than it was when we got it. 18" wheels front and rear, and a big four-valve single with belt drive. It's nice to have only one carb to rebuild.

A '78 Honda CB550. Now kick-start only, with a small battery mounted in the starter's former location. Rearsets, clubmans, knee indents, 4.5" headlight and mini-speedo. It's also much lighter than the original.

In progress, a CB750. Still too ugly to photograph, but you can see its big fat seat on top of the Ninja 250 in the background.

The first bike I'll ride this Spring is the R Nine T. It's the only one with heated grips.

121 - 140 of 176 Posts