BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the combined weight saving is by removing the pillion seat & sub-frame please?

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's 22lbs. With a slip on exhaust, wow. 30+ lbs weight savings? Takes a 210lb person and makes them perfect for the stock spring setup???

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
103 Posts
That's some good weight savings indeed and I occasionally switch to that config, pillion removed. However, the weight savings here are in the wrong end, IMHO. I feel that the R nineT is already light on the tail and heavy on the nose, causing the occasional instability in the rear and at low speeds, causing it to sink in to the inner side of the bends, particularly while maneuvering at very slow speeds, like u-turns. Heeeeeavy engine....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Bolts extra...

Factor in an additional weight for a new exhaust hanger and a hump to replace the seat and I think you'll get a nett saving of 7lbs.

Makes it a super clean design though :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's some good weight savings indeed and I occasionally switch to that config, pillion removed. However, the weight savings here are in the wrong end, IMHO. I feel that the R nineT is already light on the tail and heavy on the nose, causing the occasional instability in the rear and at low speeds, causing it to sink in to the inner side of the bends, particularly while maneuvering at very slow speeds, like u-turns. Heeeeeavy engine....
i agree, definitely not a wheelie bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts