BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I couldn't find any topics on this topic. I am a little basic in some terms of motorcycles and a nullity in BMW but I have been researching. I am thinking of purchasing a second hand R Nine T from 2016, the question that arises is:
  • The motorcycle comes assembled with Akrapovic high mounted exhaust with the muffler attached to the top of the frame, for this the hanger subframe had to be removed and the respective footrests;
  • In the Nine T Scrambler the muffler is also attached at the top but has a subframe for the hanging that goes around the outside of the pan.
Is it possible to mount a subframe with this high mounted akrapovic or do I have to reduce the connection to the muffler so that it is low mounted?
I leave some photos of the bike in question, the other of the option I mentioned and the Scrambler

Thanks in advance for the comments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,689 Posts
Yes you will be able to mount that exhaust in the same high mount position, so long as you get a passenger footpeg frame that has the high-mount bracket attached, as comes with the Scrambler.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes you will be able to mount that exhaust in the same high mount position, so long as you get a passenger footpeg frame that has the high-mount bracket attached, as comes with the Scrambler.
You can with the stock Scrambler exhaust but you cannot with the slip-on Akrapovic. The connector pipe interferes with the subframe because it comes up higher than the Scrambler pipe.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,689 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that.
Sorry to confuse you @Fugu :oops:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. This goes against my expectations :cautious: I really like the high mounted exhaust. Do you have any suggestion? The most obvious is a low mounted exhaust, what parts do I need to lower the exhaust?
Thanks once again for the tips

1 - 9 of 9 Posts