BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any choices for replacing the rear pillon seat with a luggage rack other than the Wunderlich option? I never ride two up so I've purchased a solo rider seat and want to convert the rear to a more useful base for touring needs. Just checking if there are any options other than wunderlich.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul S, thanks for the schematic. Looks like I may have to purchase or jury rig assemble 6 if I go with the pillon rack to mate to the Mustang seat. Won't know until I receive the seat sometime next week. I'm going to try and fabricate a plate first before I pop for the rack.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I decided to spend some more of the kids inheritance and popped for the pillon rack to mate with the rider only second hand mustang seat. I sure hope they are compatible and easily installed on my 18 Urban.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Or you can do what I did, make one to suit your needs.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately I don't have the metal working Skills to fabricate something like that nor the tools. Envious and great job.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I purchased from SD MOTO one it works fine. Was really distressed with the condition of the rack when delivered though as the Wonderlich box it was delivered in had a huge tare on the bottom side but the overbox I was shipped in did not have any damage. When small parts fall out of the box as you remove a box within a box, the warm and fuzzy feeling immediately turns to caution. On top of that, the rack was not wrapped in any protective bubble wrap or tissue to keep it from sliding around in Wunderlich box, and the small parts
cardboard bolt box was open allowing the pots to flop around the rack. Looks like the rack had been returned at some point but not checked or reviewed before sending out. Either the rack cut a hole in the packaging while flopping around or it was just placed in the over box with the damaged packing being hidden by the outside box but looking at the inside of the outer box shows no damage so pretty sure it was shipped that way. So not a fan of SD Moto as I was told they would never ship in that condition after I contacted them. I kind of feel that since shipping across the pond and long lead time to arrive precludes much of a possibility of a return scenario. Anyway, crossing SD Moto off list of venders and if the only source for Wunderlich products, then them too. My last two purchases of Wunderlich products have been disappointing so three strike and they're out.....

·
Registered
2017 R NineT Scrambler
10 Posts
So I purchased from SD MOTO one it works fine. Anyway, crossing SD Moto off list of venders and if the only source for Wunderlich products, then them too. My last two purchases of Wunderlich products have been disappointing so three strike and they're out.....
View attachment 129818
Hey man, sorry for the troubles on that. I've not had a problem with SD but only ordered once so far.

Anyways, my bike came to me (used 2017 Scrambler) with a Wunderlich Solo seat and the same rack you have. I ordered a Daedalus tail tidy but can't tell how to get the old stuff off. I could just start unscrewing everything but I'm assuming there is an easier way? Any pointers?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No sorry on pointers. I've left the understructure intact for as much strength as I can achieve to hold all my camping gear to make myself comfortable on multiple week camping trip/tours. I like to say I've made my bike functional not pretty. I did just order myself a Trail Tail one wheel trailer for carrying my camping gear so might be reevaluating that decision soon, depending on how well the trailer works out. Actually not a traditional trailer as no trailer hitch. Attaches through the axle. IL be posting pics and a review once I receive it a ND assemble it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts