BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I ordered a titanium with carbon cap SC Project Conic exhaust silencer on 18JUN2018 from Motivation USA. Their website made no mention of the exhaust silencer being out of stock, backordered, and anything like that. I had also seen items that were listed as being out of stock or being back ordered. The logical conclusion I came to was that they did have the product in stock and ready to ship. I placed the order. Around 12 hours later, I receive an email saying that they were not stocked with the item and that they had to order it from SC Project. They informed me that the total build and shipping time would be 2 to 4 weeks. They also gave me the option to withdraw my order. I was kind of bummed, but pressed forward with the order. Two weeks went buy, and then four, and then five. No exhaust. No notice. Nothing. At that point I was really not concerned, and not frustrated at all. I just wanted my exhaust. Finally, after six weeks of waiting, I got my exhaust. Let me emphasize, I was so very happy. I was not frustrated with the process, and I was just ready to unbox the silencer. I unboxed the silencer, and what do I find? The silencer body is dented fairly seriously. The dent is 1/4" in diameter and located about an inch and a quarter above the SC Project logo. Whatever dented the silencer impacted it hard enough to scratch the top, bead blasted layer finish off of the titanium. The boxes were in great condition, so this was NOT caused by shipping. This is clearly an oversight by Motovation USA, SC Project, or both. As I stated, the process leading up to this finding was a relative nonissue for me. However, cumulatively the whole situation is extremely frustrating. Further exacerbating my frustration is that fact that I called several times yesterday and never once got through. I assume they closed early for Labor Day Weekend. Anyways, I left a message and sent them an email. I suspect I will not hear back from them until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, once again due to Labor Day Weekend. I'm not unrealistic, and intend to give them every chance to make this situation right. I am however very apprehensive about considering doing any further business with them in the future. I mean, last year, I spent several thousand dollars with Revzilla between riding gear and parts. I would like to support other companies, but this situation has, thus far, been a comedy of errors. Has anyone else experienced this with Motovation USA or SC Project? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Hi Beemer Bert,

I am in no way defending Motovation USA even though I know ALL of them on a business and personal level. As the former GM of Rizoma USA, I can assure you they are a TOP QUALITY company and will make this right for you.
Let me give you a little insight and hope this helps clear your mind on them as a company. Starting with the dent; it was packed like that at the factory in Italy. Motovation doesn’t open boxes only to re-tape and ship. Additionally Italy as you most likely already know has the month of August off for the EU Holiday season. Hence the extreme delay in receiving your gorgeous exhaust.
Finally, Motovation is a growing company with worldwide customer base. Give them a little time to respond, they don’t have the personnel to answer every call straight away. RevZilla can afford to do this since they are the 800lb Gorilla. Haha
I applaud you for supporting a smaller vendor and good luck with your exhaust. I have the Dual stack CRT’s from Motovation and couldn’t be happier. Happy Labor Day everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dauphinais

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Rufulus

I appreciate your insight! I do always try to support smaller businesses, though in full transparency, they are the only company that I could find that is a US distributer for SC Project. I could have ordered directly from SC Project, but I wanted to avoid any kind of complications that may arise from that course of action. That said, interactions like these really do paint a true picture of how a business operates. I hope this ends with Motovation demonstrating the values that they have exhibited in your experience. If they do, you better believe that I will be a long time customer! The R9T experience has really opened my eyes to all of the smaller niche companies that exist for motorcycles, and specifically the R9T. Daedalus and Wunderlich are two that I have discovered and patronized with great delight! I have also dealt MANY times with Pitbull both recently for all of the R9T stands, and in the past for my trailer restraints. Those are all standout companies that I respect greatly! I trust that Motovation USA can be one of those. I will be sure to keep this thread updated with the process and outcome. Thanks again!

Reactions: RedHeadBoxer

·
Registered
300 Posts
Give them a chance, surely the Holiday weekend has a bit to do with their timely reply. I’m local to them and have been to there store front on several occasions and purchased several items from them. Great group of guys and the small group of folks that work there are all very passionate/enthusiastic about what they do! I’m pretty confident they’ll make it right.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Hi Beemer
As a motovation usa international client i can tell you that:
I have ordered some parts from them, they usually do not have a lot of parts in stock, they sent me some parts in five days, others in 15 days. I think that they do not have all the parts with them. All the items were in good condition. They have responded all my emails quickly.
I got an sc project exhaust directly from the sc project factory in Italy. It took me a 4 to 5 weeks all the process, the exhaust was in good condition too.
I think that the problem was with the sc project factory, hope they respond you soon, motovation usa is a good company. Regards

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@TX R nine T Thank you for your perspective! I am beginning to see that this is most likely a one off instance. It seems that everyone has had great experiences with Motovation. That's cool that you have the local store front perspective. That counts for a great deal. I am certainly feeling far better about the situation at this point.
@NineT16 Thanks for your response! I agree that the issue is likely with the SC factory. That said, comparing everyone's responses here, and several acquaintances I know that have SC Project, I believe that even the damage on my exhaust silencer is a rarity. I believe the holiday timing, rush order timing for SC after the Italian holiday, and the damage simply happen to make the situation seem all the more annoying. At this point, I'm going to trust all of you all, and make the assumption that it will all be handled appropriately as Motovation USA has really not given me a reason to suspect that it wouldn't be. It helps that everyone thus far has been very pleased with Motovation!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I was contacted by Nate and Jacob from Motivation USA. I believe it is of note that I was contacted separately. Jacob responded to my email to Motivation Customer Service, while Nate saw this post and responded. I think that is pretty awesome that they care that much to be checking the forums out! They were in fact out for the Labor Day Weekend, so the lapse in communication was simply a holiday paired with my misunderstanding. Apologies on my behalf there. Their responses today were so very quick, it is obvious that they were concerned with fixing the issue. They contacted the SC Project Factory to get the replacement for the damaged silencer, and they implored the factory to try and do this quickly. Ideally, they said it could be here by the middle to end of next week. That is all dependent upon the SC Project factory's expedience and processing through US Customs. So, now I have just a short wait ahead. It should be noted that they do not open the boxes from SC Project. So, the exhaust came like that from SC. To me, that says that it isn't the fault of Motovation USA at all. Despite this, they have gone above and beyond to rectify the situation. Nate also added 1,000 reward points to my account! I thought this was cool, but I didn't even really know what that meant. I knew I had reward points, but had not checked to see how many or what they were really worth. Well, I had 550 from the purchase of the silencer, obviously totally 1,550 with the 1,000 they added today. Basically, the 1,550 are redeemable for $62 on my next purchase. How epic is that? I am beyond happy, and I will be a future customer without a doubt!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hello all!

I ordered a titanium with carbon cap SC Project Conic exhaust silencer on 18JUN2018 from Motivation USA. Their website made no mention of the exhaust silencer being out of stock, backordered, and anything like that. I had also seen items that were listed as being out of stock or being back ordered. The logical conclusion I came to was that they did have the product in stock and ready to ship. I placed the order. Around 12 hours later, I receive an email saying that they were not stocked with the item and that they had to order it from SC Project. They informed me that the total build and shipping time would be 2 to 4 weeks. They also gave me the option to withdraw my order. I was kind of bummed, but pressed forward with the order. Two weeks went buy, and then four, and then five. No exhaust. No notice. Nothing. At that point I was really not concerned, and not frustrated at all. I just wanted my exhaust. Finally, after six weeks of waiting, I got my exhaust. Let me emphasize, I was so very happy. I was not frustrated with the process, and I was just ready to unbox the silencer. I unboxed the silencer, and what do I find? The silencer body is dented fairly seriously. The dent is 1/4" in diameter and located about an inch and a quarter above the SC Project logo. Whatever dented the silencer impacted it hard enough to scratch the top, bead blasted layer finish off of the titanium. The boxes were in great condition, so this was NOT caused by shipping. This is clearly an oversight by Motovation USA, SC Project, or both. As I stated, the process leading up to this finding was a relative nonissue for me. However, cumulatively the whole situation is extremely frustrating. Further exacerbating my frustration is that fact that I called several times yesterday and never once got through. I assume they closed early for Labor Day Weekend. Anyways, I left a message and sent them an email. I suspect I will not hear back from them until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, once again due to Labor Day Weekend. I'm not unrealistic, and intend to give them every chance to make this situation right. I am however very apprehensive about considering doing any further business with them in the future. I mean, last year, I spent several thousand dollars with Revzilla between riding gear and parts. I would like to support other companies, but this situation has, thus far, been a comedy of errors. Has anyone else experienced this with Motovation USA or SC Project? Thoughts?
Glad everything worked out for you!

A little advice to make your posts more readable/digestible: use paragraphs. Your posts are difficult to follow as currently written.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts