BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!
Want an awesome journey this has been over the past few months....came from a Moto Guzzi V7iii Carbon Dark and loved it but was so ready for the next step and after a 9T test drive with my friend I fell instantly in love and had to sell the Guzzi and upgrade! The shaft drive and 'visceral' feel was exactly like the Guzzi and took everything I loved about it but took it up a million notches.

My goal was to find a '19-'20 with the Option 719 Black and White Paint, I believe the absence of color can show some true beauty and this paint scheme did it for me! I found this bike used with 888 miles on it in Florida and had it purchased in about 12 hrs. After waiting painstakingly long over the next few weeks I worked on my mods list. Another of the greatest things about these bikes is how classic you can keep them while still adding a race-y look to them! Here is what was done:

Exhaust:
-Pro Race GP-S1 - I LOVED the single sided swing arm and wanted to see and expose as much of this as possible which it does perfectly. It's LOUD. My crew Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders here in Tulsa do some pretty lentghy rides and after 3-4 hrs it's a grind on your left ear but looks amazing! Will keep this pipe for shows and what not but will probably go to a HP Corse pipe.

Mirror:
-MotoGadget had the perfect plug and play single side mirror bracket + SPY mirror and it's been flawless.

Caps & Bits:
-DK Designs makes some amazing caps and covers and so I went with a number of their products. My fav of which is the snorkel intake cover, it's beautiful.

-Exclusive Motocycles' makes incredible Roundels and he worked with me for my Urban Solo seat and the tank Emblems to complete the monochromatic look. He is amazing - look him up!

Tail Section:
-One word....Daedulus....they are the kings, enough said....went with the Minima and couldn't be happier!

-R&G - Side Plate Mount, tucked nicely and does a great job.

-BMW Urban Solo seat in Black (I think this one is the best for alot of the 9T color schemes!). I have a Sargent Comfort Seat that I still keep to use with a quick release seat screw and a Wunderlich Passenger Seat Plate for our longer rides and can swap seats in about 10 seconds. This set up is magic and gives me the look I want and the comfort when I need it.

Snorkle Cover:
-Local Powder Coater crushed it for $25, couldn't be happier.

ANY questions please lmk and I'll continue to update pics and any more info that I might have forgot! Thanks for looking and hope you like the Domino Project!

·
Administrator
11,380 Posts
Nice build! :)

I'd suggest getting handlebar clamps without the mirror threaded "stalks" to clean up the handlebar area. I believe ones from a Racer would fit the bill, but I advise you to check this before ordering.

Reactions: Silaxe

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,142 Posts
Your bike looks great. It is tastefully modified and I think the cylinder head guards look like they were made specifically for this paint scheme. Nice job.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking sharp! That tank and seat combo is mint (y) I can imagine that exhaust isn't much different than an open pipe! I ordered an HP corse dual silencer a while back..when it finally gets through the post I'll try and post a sound clip to compare.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice build! :)

I'd suggest getting handlebar clamps without the mirror threaded "stalks" to clean up the handlebar area. I believe ones from a Racer would fit the bill, but I advise you to check this before ordering.
Hey BD - thanks for that! You are correct, it's on my short list to do....I kind of blew it and didn't know DK had some simple ones and didn't order originally so looking for an option that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg for shipping.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your bike looks great. It is tastefully modified and I think the cylinder head guards look like they were made specifically for this paint scheme. Nice job.
Thank you!! I completely agree! When I was buying the bike the gentleman that had owned it for 1 month before me put those on, a black front fender and installed a Sargent comfy seat. I was thinking I was going to take them off and sell them but when I saw in person I reaaaally liked their look and function! We do some pretty aggressive riding and alot of trailering so the added protection will be great....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking sharp! That tank and seat combo is mint (y) I can imagine that exhaust isn't much different than an open pipe! I ordered an HP corse dual silencer a while back..when it finally gets through the post I'll try and post a sound clip to compare.
DUDE! Please do that! You are correct, it's a straight pipe basically and for cruising around town it sounds and looks awesome. You get 65-100mph and it's flat grinding on you ear, I mean really hurts in high rev situations. I wear and AGV K6 helmet which is pretty good on being quiet and sounds like my ear is right on the pipe 😂

Would love to hear your feedback when you install!

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Yeah, that’s a great, unified look @007Ja. Nicely done.

Matches the garage floor, even. (Like one of those Bev Doolittle prints. Where does the garage end and the bike begin?)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, that’s a great, unified look @007Ja. Nicely done.

Matches the garage floor, even. (Like one of those Bev Doolittle prints. Where does the garage end and the bike begin?)
Hahahaha, you are correct! Thanks man....it's a wonderful bike and yes it does match the house, it's all black and white as well...

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's an awesome build, I like it a lot.
The build I had in mind for mine is taking a lot longer than I would have liked to, but work gets in the way since I like to do it myself :)
I have been stuck on the choice of seat for a while now, do you happen to have a picture of when you mount the Sargent comfort seat with the Wunderlich passenger seat? I go on longer rides with my wife sometimes and it would be good to see what that combination looks like with a Daedalus tail tidy (I have one too). Also, is it actually...comfortable?

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you want the same look, but sub 90 Db
Get yourself the RP tuning slip on. Looks almost identical but keeps me under my provincial noise restrictions. I can ride all day it’s perfectly respectable

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's an awesome build, I like it a lot.
The build I had in mind for mine is taking a lot longer than I would have liked to, but work gets in the way since I like to do it myself :)
I have been stuck on the choice of seat for a while now, do you happen to have a picture of when you mount the Sargent comfort seat with the Wunderlich passenger seat? I go on longer rides with my wife sometimes and it would be good to see what that combination looks like with a Daedalus tail tidy (I have one too). Also, is it actually...comfortable?
Yo! For sure, I'll take some pics and send theme to you of the seat. I so love the look of the urban solo seat but can honestly say if you are riding for more than about 1.5 hrs you will get sore. It's not bad, but when you have the other seat to compare to you can really feel the difference. Having the Wunderlich plate allows me to switch out seriously in about 10 seconds so I am on the Sargent seat alot as most of our rides now are 2+ hrs at a time. it's crazy comfy. I do use the 'stock' passenger seat, I just have the plate under it to hold it so I don't have to use the passenger rear set.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you want the same look, but sub 90 Db
Get yourself the RP tuning slip on. Looks almost identical but keeps me under my provincial noise restrictions. I can ride all day it’s perfectly respectable
I appreciate that insight! I have been just wrestling with it a bit because for $375 that is SUCH a pricey pipe....I think for that cost I would probably get something like the HP Corse GP07 pipe. I do love the look and your bike looks great - I'll keep pondering on it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I appreciate that insight! I have been just wrestling with it a bit because for $375 that is SUCH a pricey pipe....I think for that cost I would probably get something like the HP Corse GP07 pipe. I do love the look and your bike looks great - I'll keep pondering on it!
Yes the price might seem high for what it is, but, it is high quality, has sound insulation between the inner mesh and outer skin. Is available with or without the Db killer. And doesn’t hide the wheel. It’s lite, it’s short, and it looks clean. No added parts between header and pipe, you can order it for the flapper or without the flapper. Was the price higher that would be expected maybe a touch, but if you buy and sell 2-3 pipes to get the sound and the look you want, you are going to loose money every time you sell a used one. So I just did it once.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts