BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined here a couple of weeks ago because I was thinking about getting an R nineT of some sort, and had a lot of questions. After reading various threads, asking some questions, doing my own research, I decided on a '22 Urban G/S. Then I finally getting to actually see one in person (a '21 special edition), I told the dealer to order me one. It won't be here until spring, but that's OK as I am between garages at the moment.

I had a 1992 R100R which I loved, and thought the nineT would be similar. In some ways it is. But seeing one in person for the first time, it looks like a motor on wheels. The R100R had ample space for a passenger, and had a small luggage rack behind that. The R nineT has about the same physical dimensions (wheelbase, weight), but nearly twice the HP with its fuel injected 1170cc motor vs. carb'ed 980cc motor. So it seems they fit the bigger motor into the same dimensions by eliminating almost everything behind the rider. I'm OK with that as I won't be taking any passengers and will be adding side bags and a luggage rack on my own.

Anyway, looking forward to a great summer next year!

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,773 Posts
Congrats on the ordered new UGS! Now you'll have all winter to obsess about what mods to do, and maybe buy a few while you're at it, too! ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the ordered new UGS! Now you'll have all winter to obsess about what mods to do, and maybe buy a few while you're at it, too! ;)
I've already done that! I have a spreadsheet of the accessories that I want, and in most cases, have it narrowed down pretty well. But I suppose you're right, I will continue obsession about it until the bike arrives and probably months after that too. That's good, right?

·
Registered
HD Rocker FXCWC; Scrambler due March
321 Posts
I've already done that! I have a spreadsheet of the accessories that I want, and in most cases, have it narrowed down pretty well. But I suppose you're right, I will continue obsession about it until the bike arrives and probably months after that too. That's good, right?
hahaha, I am doing the same!!! Part of the fun!

·
Administrator
13,078 Posts
Nice introduction, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Glad to hear of another Rider in the club. Enjoy you choice, fine bike. Any questions you have can be sorted out among these men UpOn2. Check the search features on this site and if your not satisfied start a thread of your own …. BeWell …. Enjoy the Ride ……Blitz

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
236 Posts
Welcome to the club! Having taken delivery of my UGS this summer, I am certain you will love it as much as I do mine. Awesome bike!
What color did you order?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the club! Having taken delivery of my UGS this summer, I am certain you will love it as much as I do mine. Awesome bike!
What color did you order?
The only color offered in USA — midnight blue. I really wanted white, and they have that in EU, but not here. Or silver, like the standard RnineT (and my old R100R), but no. The funny thing is the only color they offer cost $200 extra! I should have asked what happens if I don't choose a color.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Welcome here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Ric,
I was in the same boat as you regarding choosing the correct model, I test rode the competition from triumph and Kawasaki before ordering a UGS in 719 red and black.
Build date mid November, sooner the better.

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
236 Posts
The only color offered in USA — midnight blue. I really wanted white, and they have that in EU, but not here. Or silver, like the standard RnineT (and my old R100R), but no. The funny thing is the only color they offer cost $200 extra! I should have asked what happens if I don't choose a color.
I really wanted a white one, so it had to be a special order. Took 4 1/2 months but it was worth it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Greetings, enjoy.

My '80s BM's were very different.
Very different bike than the airheads. I will always love my 83 r100CS. My urban GS is cool but different. Comfortable is not something the Nine T is compartively. Given a choice the pure and the Urban/Scrambler would be my choices based on mty style and riding and love of old bikes

I hope you find your bike fun. Good luck on your journey.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts