BMW NineT Forum banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does anyone know of any other mail order places for BMW parts? KFM isn't taking orders from Canada these days due to a DHL issue. My local dealer in Toronto offered me a decent price of $780CDN/$570US but that's still almost $100 more than KFM's price.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
313 Posts
I've been influenced by this post. My order from KFM shall be here today, I foresee a busy weekend: (still have to mount the Hepco&Becker engine guards before the shiny brand new rev counter...

Reactions: gristle

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
313 Posts
I received mine for the Urban GS and I have the same part numbers, however they still lay on my desk, waiting for being fitted.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
313 Posts
Will do, not sure when, I have a few things in my backlog :cool:

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
313 Posts
About that I don't remember where, but there is a clear indication in the forum on where to recover some slack for the cable. Check on the left side, the clutch cable comes out from under the battery case. There's a clip on the frame that you can unclip the cable from to get additional 3-4 cm slack. You should be able to push it up to the triple tree from there, if it's to stiff, you may need to work its path out from under the gas tank.
The theory is all there, now I need the practice...

·
Registered
17 Posts
About that I don't remember where, but there is a clear indication in the forum on where to recover some slack for the cable. Check on the left side, the clutch cable comes out from under the battery case. There's a clip on the frame that you can unclip the cable from to get additional 3-4 cm slack. You should be able to push it up to the triple tree from there, if it's to stiff, you may need to work its path out from under the gas tank.
The theory is all there, now I need the practice...
cool thanks for your input

i have also seen some post regarding this and apparently the Y shaped plastic holder for both of the clocks differ in part number from the different R Nine T moddles

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
313 Posts
And here's the discussion I was mentioning for gaining a bit of slack from the clutch cable, if necessary: Here

·
Registered
'20 r-nine-t/5
69 Posts
Just added the tach to my /5 today. Ordered the tach and kit from KFM Germany on 10-Sep and received in Chicago on 20-Sep. It was a wedding anniversary and birthday present from my wife, which makes it that much sweeter. It took about 45 mins to install from gathering tools and putting everything away. The install went well without any surprises or issues. Love the tach and literally got used to it within a couple of mins of riding. Highly recommend the tach add for those who are on the fence about it - worth it.

20200922_140149.jpg 20200922_140159.jpg

181 - 200 of 215 Posts