BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
cool thanks for your input

i have also seen some post regarding this and apparently the Y shaped plastic holder for both of the clocks differ in part number from the different R Nine T moddles
Hey. Would dig to hear once you've succesfully fitted yours (guinea pig) – I've just bought a '17 UrbanGS and am thinking of the same mod and also live in the land of the falling Rand...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the rev counter on my Urban. I also have rox 2" riser on it. I had enough cable for it. I think I may have rotated the hadlebars forward and adjusted the angle of the clutch and brake lever.
Hi. I'm looking to add same to my 2017 UrbanGS – local BMW dealers says they can't confirm it will fit or not so was wondering if you had the part numbers for yours available? I want to fit it myself but if I buy the parts and they're wrong I have no comeback (because they 'warned' me). Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi. I'm looking to add same to my 2017 UrbanGS – local BMW dealers says they can't confirm it will fit or not so was wondering if you had the part numbers for yours available? I want to fit it myself but if I buy the parts and they're wrong I have no comeback (because they 'warned' me). Any help would be appreciated.
You should order the parts from KFM it's a lot cheaper then from dealer.

62118564506 BMW Revolution counter - KFM-Motorräder

77538389483 BMW Set attachment double inst.cluster black - KFM-Motorräder

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
368 Posts
For the urban GS consider the parts for Scrambler.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
368 Posts
Done at last !!!
It's been a rainy Sunday, so I had some time to work on it. Longest time spent at cutting a couple of zip ties to free cables here and there. Lots of time also to reach the inner screws securing the instrument plate on the triple tree plate.

I have 2 cm risers, I'm ok on the left side of the handlebar, no tension cables are free to move and don't do any friction, while on the right, if I steer full lock towards left, the cables travel along the instrument and do a strange "clack" reaching the triple tree. What is funny is that it seem there is too much slack. If I put the handlebar at the centre, the cables move towards the center of the instrument...as if they had too much play.
Hints?

·
Registered
2017 Urban GS
41 Posts
There is another way.
Wunderlich have one. It’s a little tiny but it works well and installation is easy enough. You have to break into the loom in 2 spots. I think it only costs like $100. The bracket is a little heavy and the extra mass makes the instrument pod jump around a bit off road (over bumps etc) but so far not enough to fall off or anything traumatic like that. I can send a photo.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
368 Posts
Too late :) Gotta solve this...

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
368 Posts
Will try to post a pic. When the handlebar is centred the cables go up towards the centre of the instruments, when steering all the way down to the left, they slide along the rev counter, down to the triple tree.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey. Would dig to hear once you've succesfully fitted yours (guinea pig) – I've just bought a '17 UrbanGS and am thinking of the same mod and also live in the land of the falling Rand...
Hi there sorry didn't get the alerts for this forum

No I haven't gotten around to it yet but I got a quote for the parts at BMW Boksburg I will try to send it to you

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there sorry didn't get the alerts for this forum

No I haven't gotten around to it yet but I got a quote for the parts at BMW Boksburg I will try to send it to you
Hey, no stress, I went ahead with it anyway, same price as your quote just installed it myself. Would have preferred a single unit but happy for the rev counter and gear position indicator. There was and extra bolt and clip that the dealer added but I think it was for the conversion on a Scrambler not UGS (one dealer told me it 'won't' fit the UGS... the other said it 'should' so I took the chance and it worked out perfectly).

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
2,053 Posts
Just when you thought you've seen the last installment of the 'Adding a Rev Counter Saga', here I go with a bit more to add.

I was a little irritated, when I noticed that my twin clock arrangement would bounce a bit while riding; and I'd rather have a firmer set-up for the gauges. I was going to create my own mounting bracket and have it milled from billet, but before going that route, I wanted to see what else was available (However, I still may make my own.)

While browsing the Motorrad fische I noticed they offer two possible mounting brackets for use if you add the Rev Counter. The first one which is discussed in length here is plastic and flexes (46638558379), the second one is a cast aluminum piece and is painted black, and is pretty rigid (77318558093).

Both work interchangeably on the Pure, Scrambler, and UGS. I've just swapped my plastic bracket for the cast part, and will report back as soon as I can about its performance, which may be mid March - seeing we got a 13" pile of snow here last Thursday.

They are slightly different in shape. The cast part (on the left) has a steeper angle, and is slightly shorter from where the bracket mounts to the bike - to where the individual buckets attach to the bracket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just finished installing the rev counter on my 2020 R9T. Bought the kit and the tach from my BMW dealer. From start to finish, including removing and re-installing the windscreen I had installed previously, it took me one hour and fifteen minutes and that included going back into the house for a coffee refill. Wow that went smooth. Thanks to whomever it was that posted that instructional video, it helped.

·
Registered
2020 BMW R Nine T Pure
1 Posts
Hi Guys ,

can anyone tell me where I’m able to get a Rev counter for my 2020 R9T pure. I have seen a couple of the internet which provide more information including gear selection, but have no idea where to source and how difficult it would be to install.
TIA

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
368 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R nineT /5
111 Posts
I have just bought mine from the local BMW dealer, not even collected yet due to lockdown! They should be able to help you.

·
Administrator
12,526 Posts
Hi Guys ,

can anyone tell me where I’m able to get a Rev counter for my 2020 R9T pure. I have seen a couple of the internet which provide more information including gear selection, but have no idea where to source and how difficult it would be to install.
TIA
Hi mate. This is a good question and has actually been discussed in detail on the forum, it's always good to do a search as topics like that are likely to have been discussed on a mature forum such as this. I've moved your post to one such thread, but please also note that there are other instrument consoles that have recently appeared on the marker that are also discussed on the forum. Some linked to below (but I may have missed others).

Happy reading and welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Chris<CJ>

·
Registered
R NineT Urban G/S
38 Posts
The mounting kit showed up before the rev counter, so I went ahead and installed that on my ’17 UGS today. I went with the mounting kit that is listed in the Scrambler parts catalogue. Part number 77 53 8 389 483. This kit included the aluminum mounting bracket. As others have mentioned, there was a slight tension on the clutch cable when turned all the way to the right. I cut all of the zip ties holding the line to the frame from the triple tree back to the transmission. I think it was only 3 or 4 ties and that loosened it up enough that I can turn lock to lock with no issues. I put a couple zip ties back on loosely to keep the line in place. The wire for the rev counter was bundled under the right side of the tank and released with no problem. Fairly straight forward and easy install. Had to remove the fairing, but didn’t lift or remove the tank.

201 - 220 of 258 Posts