BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,501 Posts
I added the OEM tachometer, aka rev counter to my 2020 R9T Pure in June. Everything works fine on mine. It displays both average fuel economy (mpg) and instant/current fuel economy. The tachometer unit doesn't show current speed, but does show average speed since the last reset. I've not reset it, but I can see doing so at the start of a trip or maybe a long dayride, mostly out of curiosity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The instantaneous & average mpg are both available on the 2017 models with rev counter.
Can't say I've seen current speed on the Rev counter but there is a trip average speed display available.
What model / year did you try that it didn't work?
THe bike was a 2019 as I recall and when cycling through the rev gauge display settings there, I believe was one for mph though as I recall it had a circle with a line through it to the left of the reading (think it showed 34). Maybe it was a defective unit or a wire was not sending information to show mpg (say you are riding at 44 mph for example).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just when you thought you've seen the last installment of the 'Adding a Rev Counter Saga', here I go with a bit more to add.

I was a little irritated, when I noticed that my twin clock arrangement would bounce a bit while riding; and I'd rather have a firmer set-up for the gauges. I was going to create my own mounting bracket and have it milled from billet, but before going that route, I wanted to see what else was available (However, I still may make my own.)

While browsing the Motorrad fische I noticed they offer two possible mounting brackets for use if you add the Rev Counter. The first one which is discussed in length here is plastic and flexes (46638558379), the second one is a cast aluminum piece and is painted black, and is pretty rigid (77318558093).

Both work interchangeably on the Pure, Scrambler, and UGS. I've just swapped my plastic bracket for the cast part, and will report back as soon as I can about its performance, which may be mid March - seeing we got a 13" pile of snow here last Thursday.

They are slightly different in shape. The cast part (on the left) has a steeper angle, and is slightly shorter from where the bracket mounts to the bike - to where the individual buckets attach to the bracket.

View attachment 138825
Any idea if these fit a 2020 R Nine T classic the ones that comes with two clocks as standard?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
2,196 Posts
Any idea if these fit a 2020 R Nine T classic the ones that comes with two clocks as standard?
Although I can not guarantee that it will be compatible, I see no reason why this will not work on the 2020 year model.

261 - 266 of 266 Posts