BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
BMW R Nine T Pure A2 2021
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have a simple and, I think, quite stupid question (sorry : I'm very new to the forum and new to motorcycle electronics)... I changed my oem front signals to Kellermann's Bullet 1000 ones and the connections that I found have included resistors :
if my Nine T is from 2021 and already had LED signals, do I need those included resistors ?
It works now but if I let them on, can it damaged the battery or the system ? (ok, that's 2 questions now 馃槥)

and if there is an existing thread about that topic, could you please point it to me.

Thank you very much !

Administrator
If the new indicators you鈥檝e just installed are working ok then I would doubt that any damage would be done to the electrical system. They must have the current drain in the same range as the OEM indicators, otherwise you鈥檇 get a bulb error message in the dash or hyper flashing.

If it were me I鈥檇 leave things as they are now and congratulate myself on a job well done. IMO of course!

Registered
21 R9T
The resistors are only there because in some cases the lights won't flash or flash to fast, the resistors draw more current and slow the flash if needed. I've found a quicker than standard flash is no problem, have seen drivers that look too quick in each direction and miss your turn signal. Then get upset when you turn - Keep safe cause only your mother cares.

Registered
BMW R Nine T Pure A2 2021
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both very much for your answers !
If the new indicators you鈥檝e just installed are working ok then I would doubt that any damage would be done to the electrical system. They must have the current drain in the same range as the OEM indicators, otherwise you鈥檇 bet a bulb error message in the dash or hyper flashing.

If it were me I鈥檇 leave things as they are now and congratulate myself on a job well done. IMO of course!
I just got my bike back from BMW (it was there for the 1000km check up) and they told me everything was fine. the blinking pace is fine and I don't have any warning signal (like I had with the FBT tail tidyat first) but I just find the light a little too dim in daylight (maybe it's normal on the Kellmermann Bullet dark , I don't know)
i'll leave them like this (and congratulate myself on a good job done !) Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts