BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news: The BMW Tourance II jacket is toasty warm and offers great protection during a light mist in 39 degree (fahrenheit)

Bad news: The BMW Tourance II jacket is toasty warm and offers great protection during a light mist in 39 degree (fahrenheit)

COME ON, CLEVELAND!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I picked my bike up from its annual service today. Leather Jacket was fine, but good grief. Wore my winter gloves, big mistake. 60 F here, and my hands were toasty. Beautiful riding day today.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Send that warmth up here! I had to ride today. Got 3 miles in and the light mist started. At least I was well equipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
I picked my bike up from its annual service today. Leather Jacket was fine, but good grief. Wore my winter gloves, big mistake. 60 F here, and my hands were toasty. Beautiful riding day today.
May i ask which gloves. I can't stop riding this bike in even 20f weather but my gauntlet gloves are failing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
May i ask which gloves. I can't stop riding this bike in even 20f weather but my gauntlet gloves are failing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Sedici gloves. Thinsulate and some nylon elastic cuff thing inside, that I am sure is effective, but infuriates me. Bought them at this one store (cycle gear) that is not my favorite place, but I needed some warmer gloves quick last fall. Next year I'm gonna spend a bit more time choosing ones I like. They are warm though, I'll give them that. I want some gloves that easily go over the cuff of my leather jacket. Probably gauntlet.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Coming from Colorado things get chilly here. I'm running electric glove liners. I plug into the battery tender lead...works quite well. As long as the roads are somewhat dry I ride.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need a new pair of gloves. I'll have to hit revzilla...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Coming from Colorado things get chilly here. I'm running electric glove liners. I plug into the battery tender lead...works quite well. As long as the roads are somewhat dry I ride.

So what heated gloves are you using?

·
Registered
469 Posts
So what heated gloves are you using?

I bought these Gerbing heated glove liners at least 6 to 7 years ago. I visited the site recently and I saw some micro-wire liners and I'm thinking of upgrading. Don't know why I want to because the ones I have now work fine. Be sure to buy the controller because the gloves will burn you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent. Thanks

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Weather is going to be a delightful 60+ degrees here, with sun. Taking my wife on her longest pillion ride to date, to a town not far from here for an easter breakfast at a nice little cafe. Basically, we will be testing the new Wunderlich lowered pillion pegs. I noticed on my ride today, its not to hard to contact those lowered and slightly forwarded pegs when I put my feet down at a light. I will know the pluses and minuses when we get back. Couple days ago, bought her some Kevlar jeans with integrated pads. She's been wearing them constantly, breaking them in. She has good boots, gloves, and jacket, so she's formally ready to go. By golly, I believe spring is actually coming here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts