BMW NineT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments, pics, vids on the quick shifter intsall and usage on the R9T? any recommendation for a particular brand and or pricing? Are you happy with it? any complaints?

Everything is welcome, looking for opinions?

· Registered
16 Posts
I just installed a PCV with Autotune and quickshift sensor on mine! PCV was from a GSXR but managed to rewire it. The quickshift works great and I am only cutting fuel at the moment. It does load up a bit when you hit the lever, shifts great but really surges forward after it hits the next gear. Thumbs up from me though! Pics in my garage..

Reactions: kebo

· Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Works your setup as "up" and "down" shifting?

· Registered
16 Posts
No, the quickshift sensor sends a signal to the PCV to cut the fuel from the injectors so you cand do wide open throttle upsgifts only. You still need to use the clutch for downshifting. Been using this method on my race bikes for years.

· Premium Member
2,780 Posts
No, the quickshift sensor sends a signal to the PCV to cut the fuel from the injectors so you cand do wide open throttle upsgifts only. You still need to use the clutch for downshifting. Been using this method on my race bikes for years.
Thanks for clarification.

Reactions: CDC

· Registered
16 Posts
Power Commander 5 connected to injectors and throttle position sensor, Autotune connected to wideband O2 sensor and Power Commander and quickshift sensor connected directly to Power Commander. Since the R9T does not have dual injectors like other bikes, the quickshift sensor can let the Power Commander know when to cut fuel to the injectors. The amount of time the fuel is cut is programmable in the PC5 in millisecconds..

· Registered
193 Posts
Power Commander 5 connected to injectors and throttle position sensor, Autotune connected to wideband O2 sensor and Power Commander and quickshift sensor connected directly to Power Commander. Since the R9T does not have dual injectors like other bikes, the quickshift sensor can let the Power Commander know when to cut fuel to the injectors. The amount of time the fuel is cut is programmable in the PC5 in millisecconds..
Hi CDC,

What model you use from PowerCommander? You have pictures from final instalation? Thanks!

· Registered
Bmw R Nine T 2021
7 Posts
Any Quick Shifters on 21+ Nine-t's?

Hello everyone!

Been researching on quickshifter options, however it seems no one is talking about the fact 21+ Nine-t's got rid of cable-throttle and opted for drive by wire throttle; this opens the possibility for a quickshifter working for up and downshifts.

Would love to hear if anyone has tried one yet on a 21+ model

Cheers

Pablo

· Registered
R Nine T Pure 2021
17 Posts
Any Quick Shifters on 21+ Nine-t's?

Hello everyone!

Been researching on quickshifter options, however it seems no one is talking about the fact 21+ Nine-t's got rid of cable-throttle and opted for drive by wire throttle; this opens the possibility for a quickshifter working for up and downshifts.

Would love to hear if anyone has tried one yet on a 21+ model

Cheers

Pablo
Hallo Pablo, I see you are here in Mexico (me too!!!)
Very interested in this QS- I've a Nine T Pure 2021 (Drive-by-wire) and hope to add this feature I've seen in some GS1250 and I'm very impressed from the performance.

Keep us posted.
Nine-t's got rid of cable-throttle and opted for drive by wire throttle; this opens the possibility for a quickshifter working for up and downshifts

· Registered
2 Posts
I wonder if this quickshifter used on other bmw bikes will also apply to the euro 5 rninet changed to ride-by-wire. I'd like to experiment, but it costs a lot of money.

· Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Welcome from the “GreatStateOfTexas” …. BeWell and as quick on the draw as you are on the shift … ✌🏻
………………..Blitz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts