BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning to take advantage of the ride-by-wire throttle on the new R9T with an auto-blip quickshifter? If so, I wonder which options are available? Would love to add one.

To be clear, I know these are retro bikes and we are old people and the clutch is easy to use, etc and blah blah blah. But I love using the quickshifter on the S1000r and Ducatis so I think it would be fun on the R9T as well. So which ones?

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Are these going to be available to retro fit, or, are you asking if we’re stupid enough (I might be!) to buy a brand new bike just for those features?
Cheers, Ken.
PS. This is first I’ve heard about such things for R9T

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It won’t break the bike. Companies like healtech make quickshifters that are universal. If it doesn’t work well, you just take it off.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I expect that QS will be offered by BMW as option (or standard) on new models soon. Personally it is only electronic gadget what I would like to have on mine ‘15 nineT.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone planning to take advantage of the ride-by-wire throttle on the new R9T with an auto-blip quickshifter? If so, I wonder which options are available? Would love to add one.

To be clear, I know these are retro bikes and we are old people and the clutch is easy to use, etc and blah blah blah. But I love using the quickshifter on the S1000r and Ducatis so I think it would be fun on the R9T as well. So which ones?
View attachment 140420
If that's the case I'd buy a Yamaha M10 if you really want to bang gears

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like i said, i have other bikes with quickshifters. i just wondered which aftermarket parts might work on the r9t.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the Healtech QS on my 2014 model R9T. works very well at plus mid throttle, nowhere near as nice as the one on my old Tuono V4 Factory or S1000R and no auto blip but does the job well, easy to fit and cheap

·
Registered
2019 RnineT
63 Posts
Seems a gimmick to me. Had a QS on a K13S and an R12GSA. On both bikes my shifts were smoother using the clutch. The benefits elude me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i forgot to use the clutch today and just slammed it up to second and then third without. fun, too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts